uTorrent kills internet on PC, but connection is ok on other computers

fredphoesh

Hello guys,

I have used uTorrent for years and have had only minor problems every once in a while. The last few weeks I have noticed uTorrent kills my internet connection on my PC. If I restart the pc with no utorrent, the internet connection is fine.

It is not the Livebox modem/router because when the PC internet connection is dead, I can use the Livebox fine on my mac or my telephone.

My ports are open, I did the test and passed. My Windows Firewall COULD be the issue, though I dont know why it would kill the entire internet on the computer rather than just block what it does not allow... but I dont think that is the issue since I can and do download stuff using uTorrent, but it only lasts for between 1 minute and 20 minutes, and the connection dies.

Id very much appreciate some help!

Thanks,

Mark.

Mate, with all respect, that is really not helpful at all.

The links you sent me are very general. My problem is very specific. It relates to a setup where all the ports, firewall etc are fine, I get the thumbs up doing the test from within utorrent, but after a few minutes utorrent kills my internet connection. This is not a general issue, so I would very much appreciate some help from someone who is familiar with this issue.

Thanks,

Mark.

dreadwingknight,

what info do you want?

i have mentioned my connection to utorrent is great

utube exception in windows firewall is fine

the only bit of info I know I could add is that utorrent will always stop responding when it blocks my computer's internet connection. Even when I use task manager to kill utorrent my internet connection is gone untill I reboot the system. Utorrent will do this every time.

It did not happen with any of the 1.x versions I have tried over the years.

help MUCH appreciated.

thanks

Mark.

AAAHAA

I THINK it has something to do with a programme called NOT MY IP (PCProxy Module). It was causing a programme called AmplusnetPrivacyTools.exe to use 70% of the CPU. I uninstalled and am holding thumbs.

I did many screen grabs of all the uTorrent pages in options to post here, but that may be unnecessary now... I will post again if this did not fix the problem.

Mark.

12 hours later, uTorrent is still working, my internet connection is still working, so it definitely WAS Not My IP which caused the problem, uninstalling it immediately fixed my problem... Ironically I never once used Not My IP, and did not even know it was running in the BG. It only became a massive problem when uTorrent was running, so using the process monitor gave it away.

Tx

Mark

Archived