Shutdown when everything completes = BSOD

severedsolo

i think the title says it all really, last night i set it to shutdown when everything completes and came back in the morning to find my pc telling me "windows has recovered from an unexpeccted shutdown" or in other words, it bluescreened, i am 99% certain it had to be utorrent that caused the bluescreen as when i opened it again seeding had completed (as i have ut set to stop seeding when the goal is met)

Im using windows 7, and im wondering if its to do with UAC, obviously utorrent is not running with admin privelidges, but then i would have thought the computer would have just said "no" and nothing would have happened,

would running utorrent as administrator fix this issue do you think? im loathe to try it without some feedback as id rather not get another bluescreen

*doh* i ran ccleaner this morning and cleared the dumps, ill see if i can replicate the crash and post back tomorrow if anything happens when seeding completes in about 8 hours time

edit: well dont i feel like an idiot.... i just set it to "shutdown when downloads complete" to test it, as im only seeding at the moment, and it shut down flawlessly.... my apologies obviously wasnt UT.

on a side note... how does it shut down without admin privelidges? surely shutdown is an admin command? i appreciate that standard users can shutdown too... but i assumed that it was given admin privelidges as a special circumstance then

Archived