Moving data?

Sockerbit

I have a bit of a problem. I have a bunch of torrent which have are filed under three different labels, not started, not done, finished. My problem is that there are hundreds of torrents under each label, but every torrents data is stored in a single folder where they are not labeled in any way other than the torrents name, and I need to move all the data from from hard drive to another.

The main folder basically looks like this

Folder 1

Folder 2

Folder 3

Folder 300

But in µTorrent it looks like this

Label X - Folder 1, 3, 5, 7...

Label Y - Folder 2, 4, 6, 8...

Label Z - Folder 9, 10, 11, 12...

How can I move the folders under label X from their current location to another location without having to spend 2-3 hours going through the main folder.

If nothing below helps this first bit could be somewhat of a help. You have stopped a torrent and are about to move it. You right click on the torrent and select "Set Download Location." A dialog box appears. You could navigate around your drives and type in the new dir name. Instead simply past in the entire path to the new dir into the text box. For example paste in (without the quotes) "F:\somedir1\somedir2\The New Directory That It Moved To" . You can get the stuff between the quotes by navigating in Windows Explorer to the directory in question. It's in the address bar. You could manufacture other paths by copying from a DOS window and geting the output from a dir cmd. Be imaginative. OK, now on to the main bit ...

---

This does not look pretty. If the torrent data is on your C: partition then you can stop reading this post right here. You're in a bad spot. Copy all the dirs to the new drive and go back to the bit above.

There might be a way to get out of doing all that work (torrent by torrent slogging through the rename/move mud), but it would depend on how you got to the point that you are at.

The only really good starting scenario for you is if the torrent data is on a non-C: partition and the other contents of that partition is just data that can be (reasonably) easily moved.

I assume you're on Windows and this is not a uTorrent on Wine on Linux situation.

The only way I see out of the work is to make it appear that you have not moved the data. If the data is on E: then move that whole path to the new drive and make the new drive E: ... if that's possible. Everything else that's on your current E: partition ... leave it there and rename the partition to F:. If you've got installed programs on your current E: partition then you've got work there. If the torrent data is on C: then I don't see how you can avoid a slog through the mud.

Archived