continuous downloading even after torrent has completed?

nomenclature

I've noticed this quite some time ago and the issue has persisted throughout every upgrade of utorrent I've done: even after I've finished downloading a torrent (this includes just launching the client to seed previously completed torrents), the download amount in the status bar continuously climbs, usually more than the upload. For example, over night I seeded 3.5GB for torrents previously completed, but the download states I've DOWNLOADED 3.8GB! even though the torrents are 100% and there isn't much activity shown for downloads at all (sometimes it'll show 0.01kb/s for a couple seconds for a torrent, then vanish).

I'm on a capped data plan, it's killing me to use double the data for something that's not actually happening, can this be confirmed that the client is actually downloading something, is it a glitch, can the downloads be stopped completely while still allowing seeding?

"For example, over night I seeded 3.5GB for torrents previously completed, but the download states I've DOWNLOADED 3.8GB"

What/where did it state you downloaded 3.8 GB? :(

Did you disable DHT? Resolve IPs?

Reduce max connections per torrent and global?

Reduce bt.connect_speed to 1?

Are you getting lots of incoming connections?

Archived