custom limit menu

Knight

chaosblade, are you a developer of this client?

We already understood your opinion about more comfortable client, so mb you may leave the decision about implement some features or not to the developers?

And mb you won't add your, already known, opinion to every feature request, if you don't have something useful to say about the feature itself?

No, im not the developer. You're right, It's up to them.

This is my opinion about the feature and im expressing it. If he doesnt care about opinions, He shouldn't care about any post besides ones made by the developers. You really need to learn how to respect other people's opinions.

Chaosblade, just explain me, why instead of read and analize another topic with feature request or bug report, developer need to read your opinion in every topic that do not relevant to the feature request itself? If you do have to something relevant to say - write it, but if not, why do you add more work to a developer, who need to read this topics, by writing irrelevant posts?

P.S. I'm thinking too, that some features requested here are not critical, but i don't add my own posts to every topic because i don't have ideas about the feature itself, but only about it's efficiency or usefulness.

Knight: I dont think most users need to change their limits 20 times a day unless they have this obsession to keep both BT, Emule, DC, FlashGet, FTP client, and 10 HTTP downloads all running at once.

Chaos, you don't seem to realize there are more than one type of bittorrent user. I myself use bittorrent to download everything i need, and i live in a house with 5 other internet users. I know full and well that there are certain times when i can allow my connection to run at full throtle, and there are other times when i need to limit the upload, download, or both. My connection can support any number of users, but each user has to be generous and not hog all the bandwidth. I know it is easy enough to type in the upload and download limit, but sometimes, it needs to be done quickly and other times its needs to be done by others. Having the customized or dynamic limit menus is very useful. Why won't you answer my question chaos? Would you use this feature if it were implemented? Would it save you time, or do u think implementing this feature would cause an inconvience to the end user?

By the way I think 10 modes is too much, something like 3, customizable of cource, will be enough ("low", "normal" and "high" for example). With an option to change them from the tray menu (from "global bandwith allocation" for example).

Another option why do I need to chage 10 times a day my limits is - I'm a web developer with ADSL link. my upload is something like 13-14Kb/s when i'm uploading something to the site i can't do it with full upload gone to the bit torrent. but i don't want to limit it all the time that i work too.

Can we please not turn this into a flame war? I get the feeling that if this continues, it's just going to turn into another locked thread.

I have no intention of turning any topic into a flame war, and while i agree that this topic is headed downhill, there is no reason for people to post when they themselves don't fully support their opinion. If you cannot support you post by answering 2 simple questions, why would you post in the first place.

By the way I think 10 modes is too much, something like 3, customizable of cource, will be enough ("low", "normal" and "high" for example). With an option to change them from the tray menu (from "global bandwith allocation" for example).

Hrm... 10 is probably a little bit much but the list can always be shortened. The idea was that if there were 10 entries for upload and 10 entries for download, they can specify the limit amount and should the list need to be shorter rather than specifying all 10, one can leave a blank value in the text box or type in 0 (zero). When the settings are read and parsed, the context menu will pop up a listing of entered values and limits. Of course, the 'Unlimited' will be predefined and will always be available. I figure that this could be a good way of handling the number of limit entries a user creates. Think it sounds good?

Archived