Is it possible to re-open a torrent/edit the files being downloaded?

kaevne

I understand that uTorrent already allows you to edit the files being downloaded when opening the torrent. However, if the torrent finishes, I have to delete it and re-open the torrent file to edit the files being downloaded. This is inconvenient in two ways:

1. I have to retain the original torrent file and know where it is. Or I have to re-download the torrent file.

2. The torrent rechecks the files already in the folder, for large torrents this is a huge pain because if I just want to add a single small file to a large download, my computer has to re-check that whole large download.

Is it possible to edit the files in the torrent while it is downloading or while it is seeding?

The reason I as is because BitTornado has this function. If you click "Advanced" on a torrent, you can check/uncheck files to be downloaded and even set priorities for certain files to finish earlier than others. Of course, I still use uTorrent because it is the superior client, but it would be nice if this functionality exists.

This is not what I'm asking. I did search for it. I know there's a way to edit the files you want to download. I want to know if there's a way to edit the files WHILE the torrent is downloading or seeding or even stopped in the same way that BitTornado allows you to edit them.

Again, this is not what I'm asking. I'm not asking about the priority of all torrents. I'm asking about priorities for individual files within multi-file torrents.

I'm also asking about being able to check/uncheck certain files within these multi-file torrents WHILE they are downloading or seeding. Not at the beginning. Not after reopening. While they are downloading. This is most definitely possible because BitTornado implemented this feature. I am asking if this is possible in uTorrent.

@moogly: From what he's written, relocate isn't what kaevne is looking for. What you originally described is what he's looking for -- he just hasn't bothered to read your previous post carefully. Or even attempt to look to see if it's relevant.

Archived