issues downloading with windows 7

msc24

I have used the BitTorerent application to download various types of torrent files in the past with out issues. Recently I updated my PC to run on windows 7 as opposed to XP and reinstalled BitTorrent. Now when I download files they appear in my download folder as .tpb.torrent files as opposed to a folder with a series of flac or mp3 files, for example that can be listened to. Any ideas as to whats going on and how I can resolve this? How do I go about converting these tpb files to other formats such as mp3 for personal use? What do I need to do to my pc or bit torrent to prevent this step in the future.

Thank you for your help.

Let me see is Bitorrent and Utorrent different version of the same program? I thought in the past there was a program also Bitorrent are you talking about the same program? Sounds like your torrent from Pirate bay something suspect. Maybe find a better torrent that actually legal and has the correct file names and folder. If the torrent is the correct format it will save it appropriately without you having to do anything to change it. And I think that updating rather then a full clean Win7 install might be also the problem as well. I have a full install of Win7 ultra and utorrent and have no problem dn/up torrent and they have individual folder or files as the torrent displays.

Thanks for your reply!

To answer your questions.

The Bittorrent and uTorrent client are different programs that share some resources like this forum. I download a series of torrents, not all of which were from pirate bay, on the windows 7 operating system all of which show up in the downloads folder as .torrent instead of the typical flac or mp3 in their own folders. Also I was required to do a clean install when switching to windows 7 professional from xp professional which I diid. Still having issues with torrents. Could it be a registry issue? Maybe I'l try reinstalling Bittorrent. Any additional advise would be helpful.

Thanks

Archived