Need help building an auto install script

seancky2

would anyone mind helping me find the resources on how to create some sort of a script to auto install utorrent on a debian based dedicated server? i setup seedboxes for my friends online and am sick of doing everything by hand! if anyone has the know-how please please please give me a msg!

MSN: smok3dodi [AT] Gm@iL DOT com

Setup a client the way you want the default settings to be and then find the settings.dat and distribute that together with the utorrent.exe* to every new install.

For scripts to automatically install wine you are better off asking at wine.

* Please note that even though this version is no longer supported (you won't get help with issues here) you'll probably have to use µTorrent 1.8.5 because of a wine bug that makes adding .torrent files through the WebUI in 2.0 and later impossible.

that is a good idea lord, but the only problem is there will be a different username:pass for each webui. and most of the work does not involve utorrent, in fact utorrent is cake - i mostly would like an auto install script for setting up the actual users in debian. this probably isnt the place to ask - anyone know an active forum to ask?

Archived