Outbound packet flow halts

subc

Hi!

I need help troubleshooting a problem with my internet connection. Sometimes it stops sending outbound packets. So far the only way I found to restart the net is to disable and re-enable the network card in device manager. By the way, is it normal that it takes about a whole minute to get it disabled?

This problem occur with very different frequencies, sometimes no problem for days, sometimes several occasions even in 1 hour. It seems (although it is not absolutely sure) that the cause of the problem is uTorrent with torrents with big amount of seeds/peers.

Win XP SP3 (tcpip.sys patched)

uTorrent 2.0 (and 2.0.1 also) I don't remember having such problems when I had older versions installed

Sunbelt Personal Firewall

NOD32 (I also tried removing it)

broadband connection

• 2 months later...

I really don't know what the problem might be. The problem only occurs when torrent(s) are running but in not every case. I tried changing the connection settings according to lots forums here but no success. By the way the problem may also occur when the torrent has only a few seeds and peers.

Tell us your uTorrent settings, as shown by CTRL+G Speed Guide and any advanced ones you changed (those have an * next to them).

And could you be a little more precise than "broadband connection"? (speed max down and up for instance and type...)

Well I reinstalled both NOD32 and Sunbelt again and I added utorrent.exe to the IMON exceptions. I'm not entirely sure, but it seems that the problem is gone for now. Hopefully it stays like this. Thank you.

Edit: No, it's not yet solved. Switching from NOD32 & Sunbelt to ESET Smart Security

• 3 weeks later...

Archived