Number of upload slots per torrent

psptina

Well, you didn't upload a screenshot of the peers tab as requested.

However, you do have 130 connections per torrent selected. Which means you can connect up to 130 leechers/per torrent, which will use 2 upload slots to seed the torrent. As moogly pointed out slots doesn't equal connections

While you are seeding the torrent, you will see the upload slots toggle between connections as the program seeds the torrent. Which may make it appear more slots are being used.

At least that's the way I understand the workings.

Regards

When there's an upload slot changeover from 1 peer to the next, it may seem like there's extra peers being uploaded to at once as the upload speed to the previous peer doesn't instantly die off like it should. (It's more a display thing than actually continuing to upload to them.)

WLS: Got it! Thank you for explaining it. Now I understand what Moogly meant by slot =/= connection and you're absolutely right. I needed the remedial explanation about visible peers vs. peers actually connecting. I also didn't do a screen shot of the peers tab because (naaaturally) right then nobody was leeching. :o/ Switeck: (of course you already know you're absolutely right) about the display -- they do fade away vs. shutting off like a light. Thanks for taking the time to help this little old lady across the street. Whew!

Archived