Error: The system cannot find the path specified

Sparky69

I am presently using monova and other sites to download through utorrent. It starts perfectly but after 30second sthis error message shows up in the status section on my Utorrent screen "Error: The system cannot find the path specified" & I can no longer download. Pleas help me with this problem. Anyone

I been using utorrent for 3 years or so I think now. I am just now developing this issue as well. I forced a re-check, didn't help. I also right clicked the torrent went to advanced and set the directory to where the file was ( which i found by right clicking the file and clicking open containing folder, so it knows where it is ...but doesn't?) My directory s are to a USB location. The hard drives not having failu8res because I can still access and use files on it. Defraged all that as well. I'll be watching closely to see if this is fixable. Some of my downloads are comein close to finishing and they been going a snails pace for 2 weeks now. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

( If I posed twice sorry, but my last post was not showing up)

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here -- well, sorta.

I have no settings changed in utorrent. In fact, I got incredibly pissed off thinking it WAS a setting issue, removed all the files associated to the utorrent program, cleared the cache in my browser, temp files, etc and then redownloaded the utorrent.exe program. Reinstalled. Re-added the torrent, and its doing the same damn thing. Two separate torrents, exact same thing.

The difference is, it is not a USB drive. Its a mounted network storage w/mapped drive letter - so it's static. My folder structure is pretty basic > TV > Letter > Name > s0X

There's no naming conflicts or anything, because this is a separate season, and nobody/nothing else is using the folder. Other torrents going fine, but for the first time ever, there's been some critical errors saying either cannot find the file, or network path. Of course, when I do this, I can go to the folder and play any of the files in MPC, and it'll play fine. Strange.

Help please. I've tried finding a fix, and I cannot.

*EDIT*

I uninstalled the program as well, in an attempt to see if maybe it was some hidden settings or something. Now, other torrents that weren't working, are, and others still that were fine are now giving the same error. Got to about 99% and did it.

Archived