How can I accept incoming connections while using a SOCKS proxy?

Lope

I originally posted a feature request: Accept incoming connections while using proxy for outgoing

Reason its useful: ISP shapes download on non web/email ports but doesn't shape upload (this is very common).

DreadWingKnight said: Most of that is a limitation of the proxy, not of uTorrent.

Yesterday I checked out a few different SOCKS Proxy programs and NONE of them support incoming connections.

By nature proxies are designed to make outgoing connections.

I can understand that the feature I requested is not possible, because the IP uTorrent is running on is different to the IP the proxy server is running on, and assuming I could accept incoming connections on on the uTorrent IP the peers will all see the two IPs as seperate and uploading from the uTorrent IP won't contribute to the ratio of the proxy server IP which is doing the downloading.

SO IF ITS NOT POSSIBLE:

And I've configured uTorrent to listen on port 1703. If I'm able to forward incoming connections on the proxy server's port 1703 to my uTorrent PC, will I be able to accept incoming connections?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, I see that now.

What about forwarding incoming connections, Will it work?

>>SO IF ITS NOT POSSIBLE:

And I've configured uTorrent to listen on port 1703. If I'm able to forward incoming connections on the proxy server's port 1703 to my uTorrent PC, will I be able to accept incoming connections?

Archived