Another speed problem

Ak-Sniper

Sorry if you guys are being annoyed by all the speed problems but I have another one. I haven been useing Utorrent for sometime now without any nat errors and speed problems. However about a week ago I have been getting nat error and incredibale slowdowns. I do not have a firewall. My ISP is qwest and they give me speeds of 1.5mbps down and 1.0mbps up. I am not useing a firewall and I have not changed anything. I usaly have microsoft antispy running in backround but I have been when I was getting good speeds. Right now I am downloading a torrent that has 58 seeds and 545 leechers and getting a speed of 1.5kbps. Thanks in advance.

Edit:

I am useing a Actiontec GT701-WG DSL modem

Yup, if your router won't dynamicly change the ip it's forwarding to to match the dhcp address it's assigning you, stop using dhcp and set yourself up static.

This is commonly an overlooked detail in the whole port forwarding process. Works for some time but once that ip refreshes, you're out >_<

so can anyone tell me what to do step by step?

Yes sir!

There's a good tutorial over at portforward:

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

That page'll ask you for your os and then redirect you to the right tutorial. Whole process is very easy, not much guessing or thinking involved so you shouldn't have problems. If you do, please post back! :)

EDIT: Darn it Firon! You beat me by like 19 seconds, but those 19 seconds was the time I spent getting the direct link. =P

Archived