Torrent Not Seeding

Tsumi

Hi all. I've been trying to seed a torrent on a private tracker and it's just not working.

My ports are forwarded correctly, I've ran the speed test and have my settings set up accordingly, I double checked to make sure the tracker is running fine, and there is a peer in the swarm.

I looked on the tracker's site and both myself and the peer are listed as active and connectable. What's odd is it had uploaded some of the torrent, but about halfway through it stopped, and now it won't at all.

Any thoughts?

It'll say "Connecting: source T" but then doesn't complete the handshake, while it does for all other seeding torrents.

So does the problem lie with the peer? Because he had sent me a message asking me to please seed, but I can't find anything wrong here.

edit Sorry, didn't realize to check all of those for logging. Reason it gives is peer error (timed out), which I feel is safe to assume problem lies there. Thanks for the help!

Timed out = other side never responded though we waited the full time (15 seconds typically) before giving up. Other side may have failed due to a firewall on your end or theirs.

...Or those ips are simply dead -- not running a BitTorrent client or those torrents.

Archived