Help with Processor-Halt (Blue Screen)

mavigozler

This is not related to any problem with uTorrent, since the problem observed also occurs with another bittorrent client. However, there may be someone knowledgeable about how to find the problem here.

I am getting a processor-halt (blue screen) saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA (no driver file specified), and it always involves the following conditions:

1. a bittorrent client (Vuze, or uTorrent, happens with both) is running at full throttle on the ADSL (4096 Kbps down, 800 Kbps up)

2. it does not happen when the bittorrent client is open but bandwidth shut off

3. it only happens with the wireless adapter as the network connection, not with the ethernet adapter

4. it never happens with other network-using applications (Firefox or IE8, running with HD Flash video streams)

5. it was not happening before 3-4 months ago with these bittorrent clients, and the hardware is original (it was running okay for a little more than 2 years)

I have loaded the latest wireless adapter drivers and even the older ones. Still seems to happen.

Sorry about not being more informative as I should have been.

Wireless adapter: Intel WiFi 4965AGN (http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm)

Machine: HP Pavilion dv9500t CTO

Antivirus/Firewall: Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

To re-iterate, uTorrent and Vuze were working for more than 2 years on this same adapter and this same notebook. Then perhaps driver version update was done--I can't trace the event/activity--or, if I were paranoid and believer in conspiracies--someone distributed malware intended exactly to disrupt P2P activity only when it's occurring, and bizarrely, only on wireless and not on ethernet...that thought has crossed my mind.

By the way, I have a post in Intel's community forum already, done before I posted here. It does seem to be related their hardware or the use of it.

Archived