Port Forwarding?

ModSoul

I have a D link DI 514 router that lets me use the internet on my computer. I was wondering what i should do to port forward on that thing. utorrent is amazing, but i'm getting these alternating lights that turn red and then blue and rapidly red again. What should i do?

I have a D-Link 4100 router and ask the same question about port forwarding. I've contacted D-Link support and they've said I've done everything right. Yet, my connection is displayed as being stealth-firewalled at a BitTorrent site though I opened my router port suggested by "Network options" in utorrent's "Preferences". Do the same, keeping the rest of the boxes unchecked, though I've learned one can fool with the global settings. I'm downloading OK but I'm sure the speed could be better. I've unblocked uTorrent from my Windows XP Firewall but I've learned you have to allow "in and out" on the single port. How that is achieved is vague from all the numerous posts regarding Port forwarding. Maybe the BitTorrent site I frequent doesn't recognize uTorrent but I certainly haven't found any info so far regarding the exact method for opening the assigned port to improve performance. Let me know if you come up with anything?

Archived