utorrent disk cache setting (upload + download or...)

igoree

Hi,

I am just wondering if the setting for disk cache is for both reads and writes in general..

What I mean is that if I override automatic cache size and specify it manually, e.g. 512 Mb, does this mean that I have 512 Mb for reads and 512 Mb for writes (1024Mb in total), or this means I have 512Mb for both reads and writes in total ?

Thanks.

thanks. I just bought a seedbox and the plan I bought included 1024Mb of RAM for cache. I noticed that the setting was configured as 512Mb, so I asked seedbox provider why they put 512Mb as option, not 1024. They said it's OK and utorrent (v. 1.8.5 by the way) would consume 512 for reads and 512 for writes. Seems like they lied to me, right ?

Write cache will seldom use alot even at high download speeds...shortly (seconds) after pieces are finished, they're written to disk and removed from the cache.

Disabling the 2nd checkbox (reduce memory usage) in Preferences, Advanced, Disk Cache can help...because otherwise uTorrent usually won't use anywhere near max disk cache size even when downloading/uploading at >5 MB/sec!

Archived