Torrent behavior and opinions for 1.1.4

tipper

Really great client you guys have here, but I've had a couple of annoyances already.

1. suggestion: Isn't there a way to make a priority list for downloads? There is no way to order what downloads you want to do first.

2. Bug: Pause does not pause torrent, it still tries to download the file.

3. suggestion: Is there a possibility of adding a queue option as well. Sometimes I want to keep a torrent form downloading, but not keep it from downloading once other torrents are done.

1) Options > Preferences > Seeding Priority?

2) It will slowly bring it down to 0kb. if you want something more immediate, click STOP.

3) see #1.

1) That's for seeding, not ordering which files to download first.

2) Didn't I just say it doesn't stop? not 30 minutes, not 5 hours, it never stops.

3) What does this have to do with seeding?

There is no way to determine the queue of downloading right now, aside from the order in which torrents were added in the first place. As you can see on the upcoming features list, this will be added in upcoming versions.

Im not sure about your other issue, The moment i click stop the torrent takes about 5 seconds to halt completely.

Im not sure about your other issue, The moment i click stop the torrent takes about 5 seconds to halt completely.

exactly.

and tipper, don't be a prick when someone's trying to help you.

k thanks.

Nah, didn't mean to, I took your post as being a bit ignorant. No offense intended really. Then i guess the pause is useless :lol:

Thx for your replies guys.

Pause actually cancels all data requests to/from seeds and peers on hold, and stops requesting new ones. It doesn't drop any peer or seed connections. It's designed to be a temporary pause, and since it doesn't drop the connections, it starts up much faster when you resume. Stop, on the other hand, does just that, it halts everything. :)

If you see any bandwidth use in pause mode, it's nothing more than peer communication, not data transfer. Like lament says, if you need to completely stop it, use stop, not pause.

Archived