Torrent 4.27.2 beta on IMac OS 10.5.8, running, not responding

caliente55

Downloaded Torrent 4.27.2 from Torrent site. Volume loaded and software initially came up, but never saw speed check screen and after trying to add a file the software menu bar only has one drop down with "prefs" and "quit", both of which do not respond. Deleted all torrent files but cannot delete volume (drag to trash and empty) as it claims it is running. Would like to start over...Help

Okay. Done. I now have a functional program. Thanks. But i still cannot delete the prior BitTorrent and it won't allow me to log out to go into another user. How do I disable/disconnect 4.27.2 (and probably uTorrent, too) so I can eject the volume(s) and delete the .dmg file(s)? I also inadvertently (I am getting stressed) downloaded two copies of uTorrent and cannot delete the extra. It gives the same message as the BitTorrent files when I try, but it, too, cannot be deleted because it is in use.

At this point, having read many of the postings on this forum and seeing there are many challenges with this program, I want to just delete it all and get back to where I could use my computer. Given there are several users on this IMac, I (they) am dead in the water.

Archived