2.0.1 DL Speeds at 100kb/s MAX, down from 800-1000 constant.

Hexen

Just downloaded 2.0.1 via pop-up I received when opening UT.

Download speeds are at a crawl. They've peaked at 100kb/s in the last hour. These same files were downloading (collectively) at a steady 800 kb/s for the last 48 hours, with brief peaks up to 1mb/s. Actually, my D/L have been a steady 800kb/s average for the last 7 days (24 hours/day downloading). Download speed will NOT go above just 1kb/s, which I believe is the reason for the slow download rate. I usually keep my upload cap between just 5 and 7 kb/s.

Immediately after the upgrade I began experiencing this problem. I'm not the same person who seems to be experiencing this problem, either.

Computer has an AMD Athalon 6000+ (Dual Core 3.0Ghz) Processor, 4gb DD2 RAM, Windows XP, Wireless Internet (Wireless N), and I have changed ZERO settings.

I will be searching for and reinstalling the previous version (2.0.0 I presume?) to get my download speeds back up.

EDIT: Quick update (even though I just made the original post).

Reverted back to 2.0 via download on <munched - not supported - admins>. Within 60 seconds of startup, download speeds were at 400 kb/s and climbing.

Seems that 2.0.1 has an upload issue.

Where do I find net.calc_overhead? I looked in the preferences menus but didn't see it ... Also, I've noticed that I can't limit my upload speed the way I used to and still get good download speeds. This started happening with the last update. I always used to limit my UL speed to 1 and got great DL speeds (sometimes 900k+) but now if I don't have it at 100 or more my download speeds are ridiculous.

Thanks, found it and it was false, so that's not the issue. It's definitely a change in how the Maximum Upload Rate is used - I used to be able to set it to 1 and get maxed download speed, but not any more. I can't find the previous version on the website anywhere, anyone know where I can get it?

just found this thread after noticing the same issues with 2.01

pleased to say its fixed the issue, im on win 7 ultimate.

the thing is how many others out there wont think to check here to find out its a problem with the new build ?

may i suggest a bug fix release :)

I registered just because I had the same problem. Tried to tweak everything possible to get it working. I even went to my laptop with win 7 and copied the exact settings. still no go. I then read this post. Torrents now downloading @ 2.5mb/s. Thank you for posting this. This should be a sticky......

When you have net.calc_overhead turned on, you need to make sure your upload cap is high enough to accomodate the overhead generated by downloading. Otherwise, it throttles the download until you are no longer exceeding your upload cap.

I am using a socks5 proxy to bypass throttling. They recently switched ISP's and were down for a couple of days. My downloads were normally 800kb & now are 300 - 400kb max. After I read this thread I took note of my dl speed of 300kb & downloaded uTorrent1.8.5.17414. I installed and now my dl speed on the same file is 821.7kb! I assumed my proxy providers isp switch was responsible for my poor download speed. 2.0.1 NEVER went over 500kb on any download EVER! I am a Torrentday member and we enjoy high speed downloads of 800kb or higher due to the strict seeding rules. [sPAM LINK REMOVED!] I am not trying to plug any service I have not tried or am affiliated with. I can't say enough about 800kb download speeds! Please fix this build, it is not an END USER issue of not properly configured settings. I keep my uTorrent profile folder on a separate external drive and, even after fresh installs of Windows, it's the exact profile and settings for numerous uTorrent builds.

Archived