unstable download speed?

nujmape

my speed is download .92Mb/s and upload .27Mb/s and i follow everything in the guide, i tried to download and the download speed goes up and down with an average of 98kbs up and down to 50kbs . is this normal? or i am not getting enough speed?

i have a 256k connection.......... my download speed is unstable too.. i am using 2.0.1... i have used all those setup giude by utorrent and ultima both... but my download speed is not stable... once its 1 kbps ... then it increases to 25 kbps but not stable ...again its runnig down to 1 or 2 kbps...and again goin up... its goin this way all the time.. plz help me.. i cant download with my full speed..... after 12 at night my bandwidth becomes 800kbps... and its all the same again too....then it becomes 70 or 80 kbps higher, lower 1 or 2 kbps.. ....going thru hell... plz help.........

then wat should i do.... when i download with internet download manager (8am-00.00am) its 30 kbps(avg)...and in the night (00.00am-8am) its 100kbps(avg)... but in torrent its max 25 day and 70 at night(hardly makes it to 70kb..its rare)... plz tell me wat do i do to get the full speed......... my global upload rate is 22 kbps day and 75 kbps at night according to the chart..... and all other settings too.... plz tell me wat more i have to do.. to increse the download speed.... should i increase the upload speed...???... one of my friend is using Bittorrent... he keeps his upload speed 1kbps always.. but he is getting 70, 80, sometimes 90(at night)...we both have the same internet connection........plz help.......

the chart ur 2nd recomended settings........i live in india... tell me which location to choose near me..... it always fails with the bandwidth part.. sometimes it comes ok with netherland.... but not stable......plz..give direction......

Hello Switeck,

I am having a similar problem and I am also from India. My bandwidths are 384 Kbits/s (D) and 260 Kbits/s (U).

On a P2P like Limewire, I get stable download speeds of around 38 - 40 kbps. But when I use uTorrent, I get an average best speed of 30 kbps. The speed continuously varies between 20 and 40 kbps and many a times also drops much lower than 20 kbps. So, on an average I get around 25-30 kbps.

I have followed everything in the "setup" guide. The last tweak I did was to forward the port and it has made no difference to my download speed. Without any tweaking, utorrent was giving me an average of 25-30 kbps and it's still the same.

From what you are saying the upload maximum bandwidth affects the download speed. Is that so? If so, then if I were to increase my max upload bandwidth, would that translate into an increase in the download speed as well? Also, if I were to change to a 1 Mbit/s connection with the same upload bandwidth, what kind of download speeds can I expect?

As I read from one of the tweak guides, it is important to set the upload speed in utorrent setup to slightly "lower" than the actual upload speed. Now my ISP theoretically gives me 260 Kbit/s but from speedtest I found my actual upload speed to be max 220 Kbit/s. So I decided to put my upload speed in utorrent as 192 Kbit/s. (Even if I put that value as 256 Kbit/s, it doesn't really help my download speed).

Please help me. It's really frustrating to have a 40 kbps connection and then get only 75 % of that speed at most on even the best seeded torrents. For example I am currently downloading a file which has 28 seeds and 9 peers. I guess it can't get much better than that. And still my average download speed is 30.1 Kbps. Very frustrating. Please help.

selectivesloth,

Did you even get only that speed on the test torrents mentioned in 1st link of my signature?

Disabling some of uTorrent's extra features (DHT, Resolve IPs, UPnP, NAT-PMP, uTP) should let uTorrent download/upload a little faster.

"Also, if I were to change to a 1 Mbit/s connection with the same upload bandwidth, what kind of download speeds can I expect?"

On any torrent that doesn't have LOTS of seeds, your download speed will be little improved...as peers tend to upload the most to those who gives them the most.

b1_159,

512 kilobit/second upload settings OR LOWER.

hey sweety bee..... who is not honest here..???????. its like patient and doctor.. if patient is not honest... then he will never get cured.. ok... we all facing problems... if we dont discuss the truth.. then we will never be able to solve our problems.,......ok.????

that means my global upload setting will be 512kbps........??.. is there any other setting u would like to recomend..??

No, 512 kilobit/second upload settings from 2nd link in my signature.

512 kbit/sec ║ 47│ 4║ 40│ 100║ 4│ 3

I recommend the slow speed section of 1st link in my signature *IF* that alone doesn't help enough.

Does your ISP disrupt/throttle/cripple BitTorrent traffic?

Archived