Speed drops to zero after a few seconds

LordSerious

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem with my µTorrent.

I used Azureus for quite a long time but switched to µTorrent two weeks ago without any issues. Since three days I was wondering why the speed was at zero when I took a look on µTorrent but the torrents have plenty of seeds. The speed graph shows a short peak in the download speed but falls back to zero right afterwards (see image).

speed3ih.jpg

My provider doesn't throttle anything, NAT is working and the router also does work properly (eMule is downloading as always).

Since I'm new to µTorrent I don't have any idea why my installation shows this behaviour.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Then use the latest Beta. It also appears you are somewhat limited by your hard disk. :| Set diskio.write_queue_size to 2x - 4x your maximum download speed. You might want to use the diskio.read_cache_size parameter as well. Don't forget to make sure you still have DMA enabled. And perhaps your ISP started throttling your P2P traffic? But that is a different question altogether... ;)

I installed the beta but it only changed slightly (speed graph looks the same but speed does fall to ~ 1kB) :-(

It really seems to be related to the disk usage, because this is always at 100 % and only drops every 90 seconds - and exactly at this moment the speed goes up (and falls back down a split second later). But what could cause this disk load? This didn't happen with Azureus and also didn't happen with µTorrent the first days. :-(

Archived