uTorrent v2.x/3.x - Best Practice Tips

rafi

• 3 weeks later...

Yes and no... you should better wait for 3.3.1 update (or use the beta for now).

Not everything is about speed... Bugs were fixed (speed limiters) , disk IO is improved, now at a better priority.

Magnets are handled more conveniently and faster, and more.

Look at the changelog...

Here is a special RSS feed-site that can help you with better filtering: http://www.dailytvtorrents.org/

I found it very useful to eliminate those fake torrents. Here is an example how you can define it in uTorrent:

Feed's link - http://www.dailytvtorrents.org/rss/alls … nlynew=yes

This will make sure there is no *.rar inside the torrents, and that only new releases are scanned

This link is no longer any good D:

It's a recent change, appears that the site was just shut down a few weeks ago. Per my usual luck, the moment I go looking for something it disappears :/

Any chance you have any other suggestions as a replacement?

This link is no longer any good D:

:(

Any chance you have any other suggestions as a replacement?

Only if you can suggest another host for them...

BTW, there are plenty of RSS sites for TV shows. Not many with such filtering capabilities, tho...

Edited by rafi

• 2 weeks later...

This has been very helpful. Thanks for the time it took to do this. I am new to Torrent and know pretty much nothing except by what seems to work. Understanding is nill. I am a former big iron guy, you know main frames and business/science languages. What in the world is seeding? I downloaded a torrent last night and it took about 1 hour, 14 hours later it is still seeding. I want to be a cooperative part of this group and maybe in the future be able to contribute stuff. A little more understanding would be helpful. I tried googling Seeding and it told me nothing. So I figured I would come back to the source. I get the idea that the opposite of seeding is leeching meaning something taken and nothing given back so what am I giving back by seeding for 14+ hours? Also how long should seeding take? Is it open ended adn I just stop it at some point?

TIA

Bill

Exactly. Read the help (F1) chapter 2->downloading , and preferences->queuing.

And Google is always your best friend... :)

This here is a troubleshooting/optimization section...

Edited by rafi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...