uTorrent v2.x/3.x - Best Practice Tips

rafi

If you are not using any of the skin-files (current.btskin or *.bmp ) with your exe - you should be with the stock UI, mostly... except maybe for the speed graph. Control everything else with options menu->xxxx

Edited by rafi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

My torrent version is 3.4.2(build 32691). 

My internet downloading speed is about 5-6Mbps.

At the start I have got this speed. Now my torrent's downloading speed is constant-18KB/s. I have tried all the tweaks available. Not working. I even downloaded the settings which is posted by rafi. Still the same.

Can you help me on this?

Thanks,

Suriya

Those screens are taken from my system today. Herewith I have attached the speedgraph screen for slackware torrent.

Full screen/status-bar please,  with Seeds, Peers and Availability columns and net status icon. Show the trackers tab instead of speed.

Edited by rafi

Sorry, my monthly data limit is reached today. It's 144kbps now. Really sorry!!!, my next month data will start in next 4 days.

Beasly,

I have tried new settings.dat, still the same. I even uninstalled and deleted the torrent folder and installed again, still the same. 

No, my slow speed is constant - only for torrents, not above 18KBps, since the last 20 days. I gotto go for leechers, to download torrents. For the last 20 days I was doing the same.  :mellow:

Again, my data limit is reached, so I will try Glastnost after 4 days. Thanks beasly.

Rafi,

Thanks rafi. Here I have attached the screens, presuming, my data limit won't affect the trackers and seeds. 

Friends, If this data limit is not a problem to resolve my issue, then we can continue, else shall we do this after 4 days. I am quite sick about my plan at month ends(every 16th). 

post-375467-0-86957000-1407814297_thumb.

post-375467-0-70089300-1407814369_thumb.

post-375467-0-95322200-1407814379_thumb.

post-375467-0-20123800-1407814390_thumb.

Edited by suriya25

Everything looks fine. Probably has to do with your data-limit and ISP intervention - limiting bittorrent traffic. If so, you can try encryption, and working with UTP only (advanced->transp_disposition = 26). Or buy another data plan...

Everything looks fine. Probably has to do with your data-limit and ISP intervention - limiting bittorrent traffic. If so, you can try encryption, and working with UTP only (advanced->transp_disposition = 26). Or buy another data plan...

Bastards Of The Galaxy -->My ISP. They are limiting the bitttorrent traffic. It was constant about 18KBpsfor almost like 20 days, they have limited even before I reach the monthly data limit. Sure they go to HELL.

Havn't changed any setting, but got my speed back.

Rafi,

If they limit bittorrent traffic, can I make use of Proxy?  Or any other solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Settings file updated to configure:

- remove latest 3.4.2 plus "node" in the left categories pane

- set to not limit overhead  (more flexible for higher speeds)

- set alternate upload limit - 150/100 and fix the cycling issue in between. You can adjust to your preferred seeding speed

Edited by rafi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Rafi. Thanks for all your help. I have a fibre connection with 300mbps download and upload speed.

Can I use your file and just change the upload limit, and the slots etc? If so, set it to 34 560, and then what should I set the number of connections etc?

Do I have to change any other settings in your file to deal with the high speeds?