uTorrent v2.x/3.x - Best Practice Tips

rafi

• 3 weeks later...

ciao sono giorni che ho vari files in fila ma non si spostano di dwnld. se vado sull'icona in fondo (le barrette dopo la lente di ricerca, mi dice, x quasi tutti i files, che WARNING risorse forse insufficiente. dipende da me i semplicemente non c'è nessuno che condivide i files? perchè li ho trovati su un sito da scaricare, allora? grazie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Rafi please help me...

I have 3.5Mbps up speed, and 0.5 down speed.

3.5Mbps = 430KB/sec :) but i cant get more than 330KBs.

Sure that's the right way around? Down capability is usually higher than the up capability. Also your 3.5 mbps that your ISP tells you, is a MAXIMUM that you can get UP TO, NOT the actual rate of transfer that you WILL get. There maybe up to fifty other people using that same 3.5mbps line, called a "contention ratio". you all cannot have 3.5mbps at the same time.

Rafi please help me...

I have 3.5Mbps up speed' date=' and 0.5 down speed.

3.5Mbps = 430KB/sec :) but i cant get more than 330KBs.[/quote']

Sure that's the right way around? Down capability is usually higher than the up capability. Also your 3.5 mbps that your ISP tells you, is a MAXIMUM that you can get UP TO, NOT the actual rate of transfer that you WILL get. There maybe up to fifty other people using that same 3.5mbps line, called a "contention ratio". you all cannot have 3.5mbps at the same time.

Sorry my bad in typing ;) 3.5 DOWN, and 0.5 UP.

Speedtest.net shows 3.47 DOWN.

Edited by 8800GTX

Rafi please help me...

I have 3.5Mbps up speed' date=' and 0.5 down speed.

3.5Mbps = 430KB/sec :) but i cant get more than 330KBs.[/quote']

Sorry my bad in typing ;) 3.5 DOWN, and 0.5 UP.

Speedtest.net shows 3.47 DOWN.

make sure you do not limit the UPLOAD speed of that .torrent as well as dont use internet for anything else... then check the speed again

You are never going to get to what speed your line is capable of or rated at using ADSL/DSL, My connection is rated at 16mbps down 1.2mbps up but the maximum transfer I can get is 7.5 mbps down 0.74 mbps up (UK to UK nodes)

Are you testing the transfer speed with local nodes or remote nodes? As a remote node test will be MUCH lower than local node tests are.

I can get is 7.5 mbps down 0.74 mbps up (UK to UK nodes)

Well, this is your problem (or your ISPs...). You can both get full rate as long as your upload max is 5-7% of your download. Tghat is - with a well seeded torrent, and correct settings.

And, help (or settings file) is (are) in my first post... Test with a ubuntu torrent.

Edited by rafi

I can get is 7.5 mbps down 0.74 mbps up (UK to UK nodes)

Well' date=' this is your problem (or your ISPs...). You can both get full rate as long as your upload max is 5-7% of your download. Tghat is - with a well seeded torrent, and correct settings.

And, help (or settings file) is (are) in my first post... Test with a ubuntu torrent.[/quote']

Rafi, I tried yours settings file and I get worst speeds than manual adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...

See para. B for Important notice:

It seems that there is an issue with upload limiter with high-speed connections (upload speeds > 500KB/s) . uTorrent upload limiter fails to limit uTP connections correctly! It seems to limit them to about ~500K :( . So, unless you want to just not use the limiter for uTP (un-check/disable "Bandwidth->Apply rate limit to uTP connections" ) or just not use uTP (un-check BitTorrent->Enable bandwidth management) here is a tip how to overcome this:

* Set any download limit you want * ! Strangely, this seems to help bypass the upload limiter issue :P

Remember: this is ONLY for very high speed UPLOAD rates! and for the time being, till they'll fix the upload limiter

Edited by rafi