uTorrent v2.x/3.x - Best Practice Tips

rafi

rafi do these settings work well for ut 2.2.1 (build 25302) ? the best one imho i downgraded and i wanted you to tell if you dont mind what settings i should change or it these are only suited for versions 3.x or are perfectly fine for 2.x?

or if you have made a guide for 2.x versions like this one would you email it to me? kornadict@gmail.com

thanks in advance

Edited by Picollo30

rafi do these settings work well for ut 2.2.1 (build 25302) ? the best one imho i downgraded and i wanted you to tell if you dont mind what settings i should change or it these are only suited for versions 3.x or are perfectly fine for 2.x?

or if you have made a guide for 2.x versions like this one would you email it to me? kornadict@gmail.com

thanks in advance

We usuaully do not support older versions, so those are for 3.X. But... this thread was for 2.X in the past, and as I remember there was not many changes in them. I think you can still try them on 2.2.1.

Just remember to set your own upload speed limit and download related path(es) in there .

When 3.1.X will become stable - I'll try and update them.

I can understand the reason for that. Unfortunately' date=' it is not that easy to implement. I'll try to think of something next time I change things (probably when 3.1.1 will become stable) .[/quote']

That's all I ask for, thank you.

I guess adding an "updated" notification-post here can help a bit too...

• 2 weeks later...

I see. Didn't think of that...

start with a fresh settings.dat then apply your tweaks

I don't think I have the time for that, but... there must be a way to clear those numbers. I'll ask around. I guess uT devs better provide a "clear statistics" control...

thx rafi, a must have for routers , even if i limited 10 % from upload speed and apply rate limit to tcp connection active browser didnt loaded normal. For the moment with settings below, >>>morning works good, lets see how will be tonight. Night i usually have problems.

[2] Settings that might improve (reduce) your overhead:

2a. Set pref->advanced->net.uTP_dynamic_packet_size =false

2b. Set pref->advanced->net.utp_initial_packet_size = 8 (use MTU size, actually 1440...)

[3] Set pref.->advanced->bt.tcp_rate_control = false

///is normal to freeze 1-2 seconds if you change a setting that affect speed/tcp/udp and so on. First he stop the process ,apply settings and then continue with new settings. ;)

Edited by eee

I see. I think it's caused by a mistake of mine in the settings.dat files here.

Just follow *exactly* paragraph I 1. & 2. and you'll be able to reset bt.sequestial* to their default - false

I'll correct it and replace the files in a few days.