Remote Access not working?

theg0b

@jknoll,

Unfortunately from office doesn't work. Because we are behind a squid proxy and port 9003 and 9004 closed.

here is the error message:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: rapton-i-759bde1e.utorrent.com:9003

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is root.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Thu, 17 Jun 2010 07:30:20 GMT by wss (squid/2.5.STABLE1)

I think it's about port issue. (I tested with FF, IE8, Opera)

YaPaY, sorry to hear that. If this is a problem for a lot of users, we'll put a proxy in front of the server processes on :9001-9005 so that you can reach them on port 80. I've added this to our backlog of tasks, but I can't promise when it will happen.

Ok, I see.

Just I should report this additionally: few old builds of falcon like Build 18xxx (I don't remember exactly, maybe 19xxxx) was working from office. We didn't make any changes on our squid configuration or other firewall system since these days.

YaPay, the first prototypes we deployed ran everything behind haproxy, so everything was available on port 80. When we went to open beta we started to see more adoption and many more connections from uTorrent clients.

Right now we're in beta, but we eventually want this feature to be available to every uTorrent user. That's potentially a huge number of clients, so we changed the architecture to one which will scale more easily, but which is making it unavailable to you at work.

That said, we realize that using your client from anywhere, including work, school, etc. is the point of uTorrent Web, and if this is an issue for a lot of users, we'll figure out how to work around it.

Sorry about the slow response; somehow the subscription stopped emailing me with updates to the topic. I came to check this thread just now, because I can happily report that it is all working as intended. Thanks!

Works fine in IE8 and PaleMoon, which is basically Firefox optimized for windows. Haven't tried the old Firefox.

*** FIXED *** Cause at end of post...

Also having same issue as sydlexius - Error contacting WebUI proxy service: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

µTorrent 3.0 Build 20228 (But had this on the 2.1 Alpha builds as well).

Running on:

Win7 x64

Admin Acc.

UAC Disabled

Windows Firewall Disabled but running Linux firewall and squid proxy on standalone gateway. This used to work about 2-3 months ago, but later 2.1 Alpha builds started with this error.

(No outgoing ports are blocked by the firewall and my incomming connections port is NATed to my Lan IP)

Cause:

I am also running PeerBlock on my PC and it seems the µTorrent servers are blocked as "Detected AP2P on Amazon EC2 cloud"... Disabling PeerBlock (or allowing some of the blocked sites) does the trick...

utorrent_peerblocked.jpg

Endymion, thanks, that's extremely interesting. Because Falcon uses Amazon EC2 for some of its infrastructure, blocking EC2 would tend to block Falcon.

Sydlexius, just checking-- would you happen to be running Peerblock or any similar third party program?

• 1 month later...

Copilu, log out and give it another try. We know of one bug which can cause this issue (if the uTorrent client is restarted or otherwise loses its memory of the AES key) and have a fix for it, but the fix is not yet deployed. The fix will just redirect you to the login page, but will hopefully be less confusing to users.

Archived