a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host.

lagerlout

can anyone help me with how to fix this, im guessing that its been taken of line ? but anyway to get things going again i have five big torrents all over 90% done that give this message. I did search the forums/FAQ and got a couple of hits but not for this exact problem. i don't use or have norton (ugh) or mIRC

sorry 4 taking so long

nope completely uninstalled sygate and washed registry no change @all

UPDATE: after much playing around, two of the sites have test page up so i'm guessing they are gone. The other when i turn off PeerGuardian the message changes to something like no connection could be made as the target machine is actively refusing it. anyway round this?

Do all your torrents give this error? What firewall do you have? Do you have BitDefender?

Please stop blaming BitDefender for the µtorrent freezings - there must be other reasons: I'm using BitDefender 9 Professional for more than 6 months (combined with ZoneAlarm Free 6.1.737.000).

I never had major problems on any bittorrent clients - before choosing µtorrent as the no.1 client I used also Azureus and BitComet.

I must say µtorrent 1.4.0 is acting superb with this combination of firewalls, never had problems of any kind...

I have 3 friends that all have µtorrent and the same versions of firewalls/antivirus software as I use, and they are having no problems eather.

Considering all the above mentioned, I think the explanation for this issue must be somewhere else.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived