Limiter and speed, not the same? And what is normal overhead usage?

Nitrius

So, lately, after upgrading to 2.0.1 (went from 1.8.5 to 2.0.1), i've noticed that my speed doesn't exactly match what i limit it too. Say i set the limit to 2000k, but my speed only shows 1.7MB/s, before my speed was at 1.9/2.0MB/s, don't know if this "free" 0.2/0.3MB/s maybe is there for a purpose? To easy the drain on the network or something?

Also, never been used to this overhead usage shown in the status bar, but i've understood it after a bit of reading, but my question about it is, what is normal? My max download speed is 2.8/2.9MB/s upload is about 0.6MB/s, but i tend to limit it, as am not the only one on this connection. Like now, i've limited download to 2000k, and speed is a 1.7MB/s, overhead usage is around 130/140kB/s is that normal?

Hopefully someone can answer my questions here and thanks in advance.

Edit: About the first question, am pretty sure it have nothing to do with the source or my own connection, as if i remove the limit, the download speed goes up to the max.

Also sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, was thinking about either posting here or in the Speed sub-forum, but i ended up here.

Yea, adding download speed with overhead speed, and you get what my limiter is set too. If that's what you meant.

Found this: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=74820 and it now looks like it counts both overhead speed and download speed into the limit, Am i correct? If so, i guess everything is fine.

But that brings some other questions, is my overhead "normal"? Is it possible to lower overhead speed? If yes, how? And what are the pros/cons about doing so? Also is it possible separate the overhead speed from the limiter?

Archived