very slow downloads

__Pj__

well....i got a slower connection of 60 kbps down and 40 up(a wireless nic card)...

however my downloads never go above 11 or 12 kbps....still worse are my uploads which limit themselves with 3-4 kbps...hence even without wanting to, i have had to become a leecher a few times....

Hence i wanted to know if my downloads speeds can increase....plzzz help me....one more thing ...i dont get a static IP ...its dynamic....and i use vista....

Awaiting a positive reply....

Thanks....

Wireless ISPs typically only give out dynamic LAN ips to their customers, which as a result are hopelessly firewalled.

They also typically throttle/disrupt BitTorrent traffic because wireless connections are all sharing the same tiny amount of bandwidth.

1st (slow speed section), 2nd, and 3rd links in my signature.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok...Thanks for replying/....

I used every method u mentioned...configured by charts...added firewall....etc....

But now speeds are still slow(I think its because i reduced max number of connected peers to 10)....

I checked if my isp is throttling bittorrent data using the link mentioned ...i did it a few times...sometimes it said that isp is throttling and sometimes it said ,its not....

I am in india....(thought that might be of some help) speed checks at GLASNOST showed a 50 kbps max....but still my torrents are at 11-12 at best.....

If u can help improve this condition i shall be grateful...

Thanks...shall be waiting....

I'm pretty sure Glasnost speeds are kilobits/second while uTorrent's download and upload speeds are KiloBYTES/second -- almost a magnitude difference. 50 kilobits/second is barely 6 KiloBYTES/second.

You may need to try a proxy (though that won't work with uTP/DHT/Resolve IPs) or VPN to see if they can hide BitTorrent traffic from the ISP. Even a proxy of the tracker updates might work if you disable legacy connections and force encryption.

Archived