High speed always drops..

Jakell

Hey, new to torrent and not really a computer guy so simple language would be appreciated.

> I start my torrent stream with correct upload speed (80%) etc etc, with the global number of connections and max number of connected peers at optimum.

>Ive been told it takes 30 mins to get into the swing of things, at which my DL speed can reach 300kB/s.

>I choose the correct torrents to start with lots of seeds and few leechers from a good source website.

>After a while it drops right back to 6kB/s without me browsing or opening anything else on my computer.

Please help! :D

EDIT: Heres a few things that might help. (Sorry if they are big!)

torrent1w.png

torrent2.png

torrent3.png

"I start my torrent stream with correct upload speed (80%) etc etc, with the global number of connections and max number of connected peers at optimum."

There are many newbie mistakes with uTorrent settings. We can only confirm you've avoided such problems if you tell what the speeds of your line is AND what settings you chose.

"Ive been told it takes 30 mins to get into the swing of things, at which my DL speed can reach 300kB/s."

Depends on your torrents. If the torrents are poorly seeded, your download speed may be less than your upload speed on those torrents. If the torrents appear to be well-seeded, but you fail to connect to even 20 total peers+seeds...is uTorrent firewalled/blocked by something on your computer, router, or modem?

"After a while it drops right back to 6kB/s without me browsing or opening anything else on my computer."

Are you on BT Central ADSL ISP in the UK? (...or get your service through them.)

They throttle+disrupt BitTorrent traffic.

I'm using 80% of my upload speed, from a speed test website thing.

I'm on BT internet ISP, in the UK. How do i prevent throttling?

My firewalls are allowing utorrent and i usually get about 100 seeds and 50ish peers with the configuration im using.

:)

"I'm using 80% of my upload speed, from a speed test website thing."

That still doesn't tell me what settings you're using or what speeds you think your connection gets.

"I'm on BT internet ISP, in the UK. How do i prevent throttling?"

3rd link in my signature...read closely before trying anything.

Ah, I see.

You told uTorrent to upload at 187 KiloBYTES/second max when it really can only do about 18 KiloBYTES/second max.

Your speed test showed 0.18 megabit/second upload speed.

So in the 2nd link in my signature, use the 192 kilobit/second upload speed settings.

Thanks a lot :) I think i must've converted wrong :X

Also, do I have to set up a proxy for the 3rd link in your sig, or can I just carry on from the bit underneath>?

EDIT: After using your settings from the table in 2nd link i get these results ( :( ):

failkt.png

Archived