How do I move torrent files to the visible torrent list of uTorrent?

Shake4x

Hey everyone, I recently bought a new USB hard drive for my comp and after copying everything over and changing the download settings, etc. to the new HD my previous torrent list of undownloaded torrents is still missing. (undownloaded torrents = torrents I've found on the net but have yet to click on "start download" yet)

Whenever I go to where the torrent files are located on my usb hard drive and double click on them, I get a message that says "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?"

Doesn't matter if I say yes or no, the torrent will still not appear on the torrent list download screen. I'm still looking at a blank list.

So my question is, how do I re-add these torrents to my uTorrent so I can start downloading them?

Any help would be appreciated

Note: I am using Windows Vista SP2

Alright I've looked through the faq and searched and found a better way to describe my problem...

I think the problem is that even though I moved the torrent files to my new hard drive (which is H:) Utorrent is still trying to access them on my old hard drive, which was labeled I:. Which is why I'm getting the message Error: Can't open torrent file.

I tried right-clicking on the torrent file and clicking on advanced and then changing the save path to the new H: folder but it's not working.

Any tips? Should I just try to rename the drive to I:? Is that even possible?

K I'll try to describe this again...

I have the green u-torrent torrent files on my HD. How do I load them onto U-torrent to restart a download? Whenever I double click on them it says "You already have this torrent, would you like to load the trackers" and when I go to the downloaded torrent screen it says error: cannot find torrent.

Thanks for the advice, but I tried it just as you said and nothing happens. Under Status it says "Error: Can't open torrent file I:Downloads"

This is despite my moving the torrent file to H: downloads, and changing all of the settings of u-torrent to H:downloads. I also tried Force Start and Start.

Any other ideas? It would be a pain in the butt to go and re-find every single on of these torrents on the web to re-add to the queue....

Moogly, thanks for the reply.

As I said in my earlier post though, I bought a new external HD and moved all the files from the old HD to the new one. My comp has given the new HD the H drive moniker instead of I drive, which is the problem. Any and all solutions would be appreciated (except for a repeat of the above lolz)

I seem to be having the same problem and I can find the %Appdata% file, but when I chose to load torrents from it the file in Preferences> directories; it didn't seem to work. I've been slowly switching over an old hard drive running vista to a clean boot of windows 7 on new hard drive. Yesterday all my torrents were working now with a new finished downloaded file added they don't re-associate when forced checked with the correct file location? Any more ideas?

%appdata%\utorrent is not a file, it's a folder where .torrents, your history and settings are stored by default by µT.

If you have changed the HDD, juste save %appdata%\utorrent on your new HDD, if the paths (drive letter especially) are the same, µT will resume the torrent jobs.

Archived