Browsing impossible with all browsers + utorrent 2.0.1 + ESS 4 +Win7

kecskesadam

Hello there,

I was looking for this kind of problem here in the forum - without success. So here's the thing:

Under Win 7 32 bit and with (or without, the same happens) ESS 4 the browsing is impossible when utorrent is on (with the highest up/dowload rates as well as even if there's no up/downloading at all). Number of connections are already cut back (to 50 now), nothing changes. And from the moment of shutting down utorrent the browsing is OK (with all browsers I have), even without any reboot or whatsoever.

What can be the problem? I use always the latest utorrent (even betas) and the the OS is up to date as well.

Any response is truly appreciated.

Ps. I hope I did not misplace this post... If yes, then sorry.

Yes. there were no antivirus or firewall (not even built-in windows protector) or anything like that at the moment. Didn't help a bit.

Edit:

it even kills all the browsing on the other Pc or even iphone connected to my internet modem (Wifi as well as ethernet cabled connection).

Thank you, done... Problem is, that this is in France so it's an all-in-one modem (one plug for the voip phone, one for the tv decoder box, two usb-s to share printers or hard drives and the regular router-function, wifi/ethernet. I have to use this at least because of the phone...).

I disabled the firewall of this box as well, nothing changes. I already asked the net provider about this kind of problem, they said, that they don't care how much I down/upload, they just don't mind it, and they don't know this problem, so they can not tell me anything.

It's really weird though, that the µtorrent is really OK, healthy, goes well, speed is great, port forwarded, green "checklight" is on but in the meantime we can't use any http or https protocol... browsing, messengers, gmail noifier etc.

Hmm. We can try some configuration to ease the load on your router. Try disabling DHT and lowering the max # of connections (to 200 or less). Lower bt.connect_speed to 5.

If that doesn't help, try disabling uTP by unchecking "Enable bandwidth management" under BitTorrent, then restart your router and the client.

Archived