Upload Speed Slow (Virgin Media 20mb)

Rowan88

Hi,

Ive been using uTorrent for a long time and ive never had any problems before on my 20mb Virgin Media with a DL: 2.1mB/s and UL:90kB/s.

Lately though ill download something no problem and get my full speed, but when it comes to seeding back im lucky if I hit 1kB/s. I use torrents from a private site so there reliable and the one im testing just now has over 500peers but im getting speeds of between 0.1 and 0.5. I tried turning the Protcol to FORCED but it seems like ill connect to a peer for 2-3secs then it disappears etc.

At first I kept thinking it could be throttling but when I do a speedtest on speedtest.bbmax my upload and download speeds show fine.

I dont use any firewalls, just AVG Free. I have my laptop hard wired to my Netgear WNR2000 router.

Can someone please give me any advise on how I can sort this? The settings I use in uTorrent and done via the automatic setup with DHT disabled as my torrent site can ban me for using it.

Thanks and all help is appreciated,

Rowan88

Right now im ive got it all custom set and DHT enabled and my seeding is like this:

Seeds 0(3494), Peers 2(565), Speed : Between 15kB/s and 30kB/s

Any tips or even a torrent I know will give me full upload to see if its the torrents or the program?

Although im on wired connection I made the port 60606 and not random and added that to my router setup on my wired ip address to see if that helps.

So far I think it did as ive got 2 connections going at 72kB/s :)

Thanks for the help and ill let you know if it screws up again

If you check in the Logger window/tab when you see short-lived connections on the torrents, then you can find out if they're disconnecting because they're seeds or not.

(You may need to right-click in that window and enable logging of everything but Verbose stuff!)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived