Is µtorrent eligible to use the icons from the tango project?

englishmen

Thanks dAbReAkA for the link i tried to make a set my self but it didn't quite work out. I may have put my it wrong but i was suggesting use the tango icons as the default ones for the app.

The reason i suggest this is that the new set included in 1.4.2 Build 429 is in my opinion kind of bad.

some people do like the new default, some will not. the program is made to be skinnable for this very reason.

hilloki and I updated the Tango set a few hours ago to support Beta Build 430+, hope you dig it.

edit: also the new default in 429 is not the final new default. BSH is working on one especially for it i believe.

yeah, those are sort of the same misgivings i had about an Operanized µTorrent default.. sure it's made from scratch, but it's made to look like Opera. i agree, the program needs something definitively µTorrent.

edit: grammar. i swear every day of my life is a sleep dep. experiment..

Yah, Operanized is a nice theme, but original isn't really what it is. I think BSH should make a complete theme, with logos and icons, that could make everything match and look good out-of-the-box rather than having to theme it. I'm sure he's game, we'll just see what happens in the future.

Yep Oxygen's for the forthcoming KDE. When I last played with KDE, it felt like a hybrid between Mac OS X and Windows. If I ever switch to one of the *NIXes, I'll probably use KDE as my default (got tired of GNOME after a while). KDE4's sounding great, at least on paper... hope it lives up to the hype =P

Archived