Running uTorrent for a certain time will kill my internet connection.

aapinator

Hi,

I've been experiencing this problem since the last two or three patches. I'll try to describe the problem as close as I can, and provide any info needed. I can't find my specific problem in the FAQ's and such.

The problem:

After a random amount of time of downloading (without any problem, up to max dl speed) my internet connection just seems to die. The problem is isolated to my own computer, because other computers can still use the internet. So after downloading for a while, my internet blacks out meaning I can not download anything, can not browse the internet, nor can I access my router's page. The other PC's in my network using the same router can still browse the internet, access the router's page and whatever.

My only way to 'fix' it:

To fix the problem I have to reset the router, because windows problem fixer does NOT fix my problem. Not at all. The only thing I can do is reset the entire router (or rebooting) and I will be able to download for a short amount of time again. So if I want to download big files, I have to repeat this again and again and it really gets on my nerves.

A different thing I can do is closely watch my download speed the entire time. When it starts to drop dramatically, I can still close uTorrent and the internet will be fine; meaning I can still browse/access my router's page without any problems.

Some information:

-I am using Windows 7 as my OS and AVG as virus scan.

-I am connected to my network wireless.

-My router: THOMSON SpeedTouch 780.

-My adapter: Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN.

-My uTorrent is updated to the most recent version (2.0.1), and I am connected to port 45682 (open).

-When my internet connection has died I get a >>will be updated if it crashed again<< network status light.

If there is need for any other information, please ask for it and I will post it.

My speedtest.net result:

810794199.png

Have done that yesterday. Problem remains.

I'm guessing the problem isn't uTorrents. My computer freezes because of windows media player every now and then too, and if it does - my computer will not turn off. It'll just get stuck at 'logging off'. And sometimes it feels like my laptop is charged - literally. It gives me shocks sometimes when I touch it at the back.

I think the problem is that I dropped a glass of coke on it half a year ago. Send it away for repairs (400$) but when it returned it was different. Guess the repairs weren't thorough enough.

@Switeck I have followed http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=52014 which resulted into nothing but losing my statistics. Then I read through the first link in your signature: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992. My problem wasn't described in that guide, so I didn't change anything. After that I tried the second link in your signature:http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58404. I already had these settings, so I changed nothing.

Archived