Sick and tired of speed problem.

AirSupport

Upon recent update to utorrent 2.0.1, P2P speeds have dropped from 700kbps max to 10kbps. I have tried EVERYTHING on EVERY forum post. I have tried reverting to 1.8.5 version. Still the 1.0kbps speed. I have tried modifying the advanced registry. The original calc_overhead modification worked for a few seconds before collapsing back into stone age 1.0kpbs. I have a 6.0 mbps max connection download, but a 0.23 mbps upload. Additional info is: Windows Vista, AMD Turion X2. A very common error when attempting the network connection is the error code 10054. Port is open however, and a green arrow is shown below. There can be 1800 seeds but only able to connect to 3. Excuse me as I go scream my lungs out. Thanks in advance for any (useful) help given.

1st and 2nd links in my signature.

Do the test torrents mentioned in 1st link of my signature work?

Ahh, it returns to its 200kbps status, however, it has yet to return to its original status of 700kbps. Tried your suggested method, failed to work. Brought it up to 2.0.2 client, still had 1.0kpbs speeds. Deactivated the firewall, STILL doesn't work. Normally, I run on a wireless network, but I plugged it in to the router (2701HGV-E), surprise, STILL 1.0kbps.

"Tried your suggested method, failed to work."

You must have done it wrong, try it again.

3rd link in my signature as well...your ip looks like trouble. :P

You seem to be in the same ip range as this poster:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=75928

(00freedom)

And now this poster as well!:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=76054

(Jetan)

I saw "Tier 1 partners might shape" for an ISP in the same region. Chances are yours is vulnerable to the same -- whoever your ISP connects to is almost certainly throttling BitTorrent traffic through to them. If that's the case, there's nothing your ISP can do.

Do you at least get decent speeds to ips on the same ISP and/or country?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived