[toolbar/status] Operanized 2

Second version of the Operanized toolbar/status set...

Operanized2screenshot3.jpg

Lots of changes made w/ the toolbar...some more noticeable than others. It didn't make sense to make some of the icons "much rounder", as requested by someone before. I toyed with that style and the toolbar gradually lost it's Opera look...Just didnt make sense to work on that any further. I wanted to keep them as close to the Opera style as I could -sorry. (They are rounder than before though, believe it or not..with a bolder outside edge). There are lots of other changes throughout the toolbar too...but too many for me to name at this hour...zzzzz.

The status icons closely match the overall theme, and I made 3 variations of it. Anyways, hope you guys get some use out of em. Enjoy.

(refer to the screenshot above for set #'s...1 being the top, etc)

Operanized2 toolbar (set 1)

DOWNLOAD

Operanized2 toolbar (set 2)

DOWNLOAD

Operanized2 toolbar (set 3)

DOWNLOAD

Operanized2 toolbar (set 4)

DOWNLOAD

-----------------------------------------------

Operanized2 status (set 1)

DOWNLOAD

Operanized2 status (set 2)

DOWNLOAD

Operanized2 status (set 3)

DOWNLOAD

Operanized2 status (set 4)

DOWNLOAD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahh, it's gorgeous :)

i like the changes you made to the toolbar, except i think the older version of the RSS button was preferable.

set 3 with the old RSS would be perfect.

also i felt the original tstatus icons were great. the border on the new ones makes the bordering a bit overdone since it's already on the toolbar. imho, of course. overall excellent update to the theme.

osmosis - If you look closely at the original Operanized toolbar, you'll see that the RSS icon matches neither that version set, nor this version set...The border just wasnt relative to the rest. It was modded by someone (forget who). The RSS icon in the above toolbar is in the exact same style as the start, pause, stop...and much cleaner than the modded one for the original set...but that's just me.

TtWEAK - There were so many little things about the first that I didnt like...Ya know, where you look back at something that you created and notice things that others dont seem to? That sh*t drives me nuts..lol. Anyways, the lighter grey in the status sets was something a little new for me, compared to others I've done, but I liked them for not clashing too much with the others when in the UI.

Thanx for the input, guys.

BSH, I just noticed there are a few toolbars popping up that have a preferences icon for 430?. It looks like you have your work cut out for you, maybe ludde could tell you what icons will be added so you can factor those into the design, like making colors match and what not.

Being that you are the resident µTorrent themer and logo maker, they should keep you up-to-date on the new additions. It's their fault! :)

I like the new status icons too. I also have a suggestion on the RSS button, being that it is Opera inspired maybe you could have an RSS button that looks like this icon.

screenshot2718zh.png

The original's gradient effect isnt much different, really. It may be a little lighter on some icons, but the effect is the same. The first Operanized just had too many little things I wasn't happy with, as I said above. For instance...

*...the small "add" symbol in front of the document icon in the original was disproportionate and less bold than the new.

*The stars around the wand in the original had no shine or difference of color, making them look flat compared to the new.

*I like the blue earth icon as opposed to the original green, plus the small "add" icon in front of it now explains more I think.

*The "delete"(X) icon in the original clearly didnt fit being rounded, plus it isnt relative to Opera at all.

*The outer white edges on the original start, pause, stop, etc. weren't as distinguishable as they are now. Makes those buttons look cleaner, IMO.

*The original RSS was modded by someone else and clearly didnt fit the style at all. It had no gradient effect, and had rounded corners.

*The addition of the "disk" and "pencil" icons give people more variety with these. Shadows underneath icons have also been lightened, so that they don't interfere w/ the icons themselves.

Anyways...big improvements, IMO.

Archived