[toolbar/status] Operanized 2

I want blue to be download and green to be upload.

Then I need tstatus.bmp to look good with 256 color 1-bit alpha mask.

Plus I need a settings icon in the toolbar.

In the toolbar, I want start/stop/pause/up/down to be slightly smaller (like 1 pixel smaller on each side)

I don't like the floppy icon, that normally means Save.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does this look, before I post any? Ludde, I know you said you wanted the start, pause, stop, etc to be smaller than the rest, but it just doesnt fit with the look of this toolbar. They look too much out of place when beside the rest. I've tried it on my own and referenced to the current altered default theme, and it just looks odd. Even though I doubt anyone would have a hard time finding those essential icons(I assume that's your reasoning behind it), I'll do it if you're firm on that idea. Just wanted to give you my opinion on it. The bottom shading has also been lightened a bit.

Operanized2screenshotrevised.jpg

Those are much better than the other new ones you posted. I like how the icons are all the same size too. Having the most used buttons being smaller just doesn't make sense, and it doesn't look very good.

I still prefer the effect you had on the original set like boo has mentioned. These new ones look kind of blurry, when the others were glossy yet crisp. I would suggest at least a version like the original one just to shut us up. ;)

BTW, I like the new RSS icon you made, I think it is better to have a more original looking icon rather than the plain standard icon.

1,2,last icons (set2) - perfect but last needs to be a some kinda i the style of operanized 1.

Temporaly using operanized 1 with 1.5 :P

Update operanized 1 with some things from operanized 2!

Update plan: put into operanized 1 - 1,2,rss,last icons! And it will be a perfect theme! Try it and post here a result! We will judje it :)

The "i" that's common in Opera refers to "information", I thought, not so much "settings/preferences". I actually used the "i" to begin with before changing it. If enough people thought it was practical to use that symbol, I'd do it. It is more relative to Opera.

Update plan? That last part confused the hell out of me. I'm not going back to Operanized 1 for anything. I really dont understand this comment, though its been made several times. First, there was a mention of the 1st having gloss, but there never was. Then, it was the shading. The shading on the Operanized 2 icons that I last posted are much more gradual & better overall IMO. The "add torrent" icon was cleaned up, the wand stars were given highlights. The white edges around each icons were improved to be more crisp & defined. The "X" was made more uniform to the rest. The list goes on. So why the fascination with the originals? Is it b/c you are so used to seeing them?

i actually really like the second. since there are icons in the set that aren't boxed-in, i think having the RSS as one makes them roughly equal to the boxed icons. this achieves a well-rounded (excuse the phrase :P) feeling. when the RSS is boxed-in it makes the other non-boxed icons seem out of place because they're too much the minority.

edit: clarity.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived