files view could be a little easier

ball

Hello,

I'm trying out uTorrent for the first time (mostly to see if I can get around Charter's traffic shaping) and have some quick impressions.

• Overall, I think it's a great start! The interface is clean, uncluttered, and easy on the eyes. I love the speed graph, although the scale isn't displayed yet. Good job!

• Selecting which files to download is somewhat easier in Vuze. If the root folder were shown in the "Files" view, this would help as I could option-click expand the folder which would reveal all the nested folders and files. Perhaps they ought to be expanded by default? At any rate, some torrents have lots of nested folders so opening all the folders can get tedious. Also, after I've expanded all the folders, I have to do it all over again if I select another torrent.

Other than that, I'm glad to dump Vuze. It was a resource hog and I don't like Swing apps in general. Vuze's preferences are a nightmare.

uTorrent could also use a block list, but I suppose that's what Peer Guardian is for. I also found Vuze's mini menu useful, but that's minor now that I have a 17" macbook.

Archived