Seeding priority based on when torrent finished downloading.

posti

I like to have option that would seed torrents first that where downloaded first. Now it doesn't seem to do to. Example if i want to seed up to 150% it would seed torrents that have finished downloading first up to that %. I think now it seeds torrents up to that have finished last up to that %. So torrents that where earlier stops that clock thingy is shown beside torrent name and status says "Queued Seed". This is how i would like to have....

1. I like to have 1st priority seeding like in azureus so it would seed torrent up to that % (example something like 100%) before utorrent would start more downloads. Not sure if there is allready something like this internaly. But i would like to have as settable value and that couldn't be set under 50%

2. To seed torrent that where finished first up to %. Example if i have torrent that finished downloading at 2PM and torrent which finished downloading 4PM that 2PM one would be first one to finish seeding (be before 4PM torrent in seeding queue).

3. Like to have ability to move torrent up & down in seeding queue now it shows just * in position.

Maybe you could put seed queue position in () letters or something similar :)

about 1) well it's kind of but like but like to have settable value for that. Example if i want to seed torrent up to 200% but like it to have higher priority up to 100%.

And about 2) now it sucks that downloaded torrents get stacked and those torrent that where finished long time ago get seeded last. Finished downloads are added to wrong side of seed queue :(

Also it kind of sucks that you can't move seeds to example if you want something to seed first up to given % you can't :(

Seeding Priority only controls how long it's prioritized. It seeds forever anyway. If you turn on "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks", it takes download slots to seed to that specified ratio, then re-queues itself so the downloads can continue. When all the downloads are finished, they all start seeding again.

What bugs me is you can even end up with seeding torrents getting queued because newer torrents finish downloading. This could probably appear as a hit-and-run "leecher" on private torrents. They often ban for stuff like that, and µTorrent doesn't seem to have a way to disable that!

What bugs me is that people want µTorrent to micromanage their torrents. I seriously don't see the need for any of this stuff. I can't think of a real reason why there is any need to have any more control than a seeding goal, to be honest, but I suppose that's just me.

no, this is a useful feature for swarms that have a small amount of seeds. if you could choose seeding order, then you could prioritize torrents with no seeds and such, and help those stuck peers out.

edit: just to make it clear, im not commenting on the feature in this thread, just the couple of posts before me.

edit 2: anyone know how seeds are chosen for activity right now? is it the torrents with the lowest ratios are seeded first?

I think it seeds torrents that have finished last first then goes to older ones. I think it's like a stack when it should be a queue. But i'm not absolutely sure but seems that way. So old ones get queued for last :(

It would work much better if there where two ratios one for first priority so you could set it to like 100% and up to that seed would use download slot and wouldn't care where it's in seeding queue. Then second percent that was like it's now to stop seeding alltogether and you could set that like 200% or so. And i would wish finished torrents would get last position not first like it now is and that you could move seeding torrents so you could put torrents you really really want to seed in first position and so on without using force setting.

Also like to say something about those comments that micromanagement is not needed. For one i don't like to sit on my computer all the time so i can manually manage torrents. Second i have huge queues mainly download fansubbed anime so managing them manually would be pain in you know where :) I don't like leeching and i usually seed to atleast 150% or more. But i would like to seed up to 100% first then seed older ones up to lets say 200-250% so that older finished torrents get seeded to that percent first.

• 4 weeks later...

Is Posti correct that uTorrent will seed the most recently completed downloads first? It would be nice if there were a way to manually change the seeding order without pausing/stopping some torrents. For downloads you can prioritize by moving a torrent up/down the # list, but all you have for completed torrents is the *. Maybe you could do *1, *2, *3 for completed torrents so that there's a way to manually prioritize?

Archived