µTorrent 2.2 "Griffin" beta 22538

Firon

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to download previous betas' date=' not the last one?[/quote']

2.04 is always available... ;)

As is An Hero-ing, but it isn't necessarily the preferable option either, You can find most of the older betas at file hippo just look along the right hand side for versioning, just be aware that they most likely aren't uploaded by utorrent staff and so they may have been messed with...

someone, please, tell me - does this version already support the feature of smart downloading video files from the start to the end, that allows a user to start watching the film, since 5-10% of video got downloaded, while the downloading process is still active and downloading the rest of the file without interrupting the video, so user can start watching the film earlier than it fully downloaded?

is it planned to release a portable version of utorrent? I mostly use portable soft on my system.

Thx. I'm aware of that, I just don't care, since it is a hidden feature and couldn't be easily switched on/off.

If it was - I could use it only for downloading old TV series, where's a lot of seeds and sequential download won't hurt anyone, but since this feature is not so easy to switch on/off - I will just turn it on and forget about it completely.

There's a very bad change made after build 21837, not mentioned in changelog. Previous builds didn't check availability of files for torrents with "Finished" status. I was able to change status of all torrents which files are on a certain HDD to "Finished", then replace this HDD with an empty one without these torrents' statuses being changed to "Error". Now I'm unable to do this. Please change the behaviour back.

And another annoying thing. I have almost 2000 torrents in list, and when I exit uTorrent, it remains in memory for a very long time after its icon disappears from system tray. If I need to launch uTorrent again I'm forced to monitor task list. Can you please make the system tray icon disappearing only when uTorrent really gone from memory?

No. uT is making sure that it has the files it thinks it has. You're doing it wrong.

No. uT is making sure that it has the files it thinks it has. You're doing it wrong.

What am I doing wrong? Why does uTorrent need to check availability of files if corresponding torrent has "Finished" status? Let uTorrent check the availability when the status will be change to active, just like it previously did. Who needs the new behaviour, whom didn't suit the old one?

Maybe someone before me wrote it but I found very big problem in 22007 version. I can't change download location of already downloaded torrent. The function "Advanced -> Set Download Location.." doesn't change the location at all.

Is there any other possibility to change manually download location which can be use, till you repair it? I do not wanna delete torrent and load it again to the uTorrent and recheck the data.

//Edit: Oh, I found where was the problem. In earlier uTorrent versions when I want to set download location of already downloaded files I must select its folder, but now I must select parental folder of it. For example I have "C:\Download\my_data", the torrent file contains folder "my_data" with some files in it. Earlier I must to select folder "my_data", now I must select folder "Download". And second problem is, when I want to re-set the location uTorrent checks if there is enough disk space. If there is not, torrent can't be relocate and start.

There's a very bad change made after build 21837' date=' not mentioned in changelog. Previous builds didn't check availability of files for torrents with "Finished" status. I was able to change status of all torrents which files are on a certain HDD to "Finished", then replace this HDD with an empty one without these torrents' statuses being changed to "Error". Now I'm unable to do this. Please change the behaviour back.

And another annoying thing. I have almost 2000 torrents in list, and when I exit uTorrent, it remains in memory for a very long time after its icon disappears from system tray. If I need to launch uTorrent again I'm forced to monitor task list. Can you please make the system tray icon disappearing only when uTorrent really gone from memory?[/quote']

The main problem is what GCRaisln reported - allthough torrents where in finished state now they are in "error: torrent files missing from job. please recheck." so if i download 10 tv shows a day (i delete files after watching, but i stop torrent after seeding it at least to ratio 2:1) and i want to keep my history but red torrent lines with warnings isn't what i imagine of keeping the history clean and simple.

Example: torrent is running (started) and you pause it - so the status changes

(see also the new text on µTS which explains it a bit better in the last 2.2 build 22117

"You can use these commands:\r\n%F - Name of downloaded file (for single file torrents)\r\n%D - Directory where files are saved\r\n%N - Title of torrent\r\n%S - State of torrent\r\n%L - Label\r\n%T - Tracker\r\n%M - Status message string (same as status column)\r\n%I - hex encoded info-hash\r\n\r\nstatus is a combination of: started =1, checking = 2, start-after-check = 4,\r\nchecked = 8, error = 16, paused = 32, auto = 64, loaded = 128")

Firon, the problem appeared in the last two versions (21882, 22007 and 22117). Before, I could for any torrent specify a specific folder for downloading. UTorrent is now created in the specified folder, another folder whose name he took from the name of the torrent. Will there be returned as it was before? If not, how to rectify the situation (what settings)?

It would be desirable, of course, that all was as before. So it is VERY inconvenient.

It is planned to be correct or will remain?! Firon, answer please!

Upload speed is very low in the 22117' date=' 21738 returned back there soon to become a high speed ...[/quote']

Same here.

I'm guessing that's the new 'upload chocker' that was replaced here, and never mentioned in the changelog :(

Also the UI has to be changed for it to make sense - max upload slots # - should be set as global value, not per torrent.

I use 2.2 beta 22117.

When Socks5 proxy enable and press "OK"' date=' crash utorrent.

2.2 beta 22007 have no crash.[/quote']

Do you have the dump file? I'm not seeing a crash.

Sorry, I mistake the settings.

I might find out the cause of the crash.

I'm using the Tor.

To enable the Socks5 port9050, OK is pressed.

Then Tor will log an error.

[Warning] socks5: command 3 not recognized. Rejecting.

[Warning] Fetching socks handshake failed. Closing.

Is there an error in data sent to Tor from utorrent?

or my settings is bad?

Archived