µTorrent 2.2 "Griffin" beta 22538

Firon

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And why enabling by default encryption will be bad ?"

EVERY connection made using encryption has to do an encryption handshake -- which seems to take at least 0.5 KB...maybe up to 10 KB...even if the connection is instantly dropped and retried again 1 minute later. It adds up when people are trying to do 100's of connections at once.

Outgoing encrypted for you is just fine, because uTorrent cannot disable incoming encryption directly. Only by blocking incoming entirely is a workaround of that!

So those that need encryption can use it and those that don't aren't penalized by it, it is best to not have encryption by default for everyone.

Another reason is because HOW some ISPs throttle/disrupt -- they may allow 5-100 KB/sec of unencrypted BitTorrent through and also only 5-100 KB/sec "unknown" traffic through and block the rest. Allowing only 1 or the other is not good for them, but if everyone's using encryption they are worse off.

why was overhead display removed from the status bar?

the current upload speed includes overhead?

can I re-enable overhead display on statusbar?

thanks.

Devs chose to make it so. You cannot re-enable it... People asked for it back, so they will re-instate ii later on (I hope...) . The dotted line - is still overhead.

Devs chose to make it so. You cannot re-enavked it... People asked for it back, so they will re-instate ii later on (I hope...) . The dotted line - is still overhead.

An advanced setting would be nice to enable/disable the overhead display in the status bar.

why was overhead display removed from the status bar?

the current upload speed includes overhead?

can I re-enable overhead display on statusbar?

thanks.

Devs chose to make it so. You cannot re-enavked it... People asked for it back' date=' so they will re-instate ii later on (I hope...) . The dotted line - is still overhead.[/quote']

devs "chose" to make it so based on any user feedback? just asking because suddenly removing something users use and are used to is at least strange

--2010-08-18: Version 3.0 (build 21340)

- Feature: end to end path MTU calculation based on ICMP messages and missing packets

Wasn't this supposed to be added also to 2.2 ? Also, can you guys add a description of the design in this thread ( as was promised before) ?

Well, whoever expects guesswork testing of this feature - might be disapointed... :(

-- 2010-08-24: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21409)

- Fix: horizontally scrolling the sidebar causes render problems with find item

- Change: remove screenshot from find pane. Change find pane text.

- Fix: update app sidebar counts correctly when apps are installed

Epic!

--2010-08-18: Version 3.0 (build 21340)

- Feature: end to end path MTU calculation based on ICMP messages and missing packets

Wasn't this supposed to be added also to 2.2 ? Also, can you guys add a description of the design in this thread ( as was promised before) ?

Well, whoever expects guesswork testing of this feature - might be disapointed... :(

Some of the new features we're adding right now to 3.0 will be backported sometime next month.

-- 2010-08-30: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21611)

- Change: if a tree node with selected children is collapsed, select the node

- Fix: reduce flicker when switching from apps to find content

- Fix: tracker retry interval

- Fix: reduce flicker in AV dialog when updating or scanning

- Change: cache downloading of favicons in search dropdown

- Fix: update rss feed counts when a feed is added or removed

- Fix: send started and stopped events to all active trackers

- Fix: fixed DLL hijack exploit

HELP! the long horizontal scrollbar is back! :P

(un)installing one app fixes problem.

ah... :) it WAS released at the same date as 3.0 though, so I thought you've just forgot to put that change in...

oh, and on a different (and small) matter - you better change the version inside the 2.04 help file to 21586, NOT 21515... :P

recently I updated uTorrent, and there was unresonable and bad change.

when I sort something by something, than column is marked by another background color. After closing and opening uTorrent this markening dissapearung - and this is good, because mark looking bad in vision. But now it is not dissapearing, and this is bad.

There is umage of sorted and marked columns

FluxBB%20bbcode%20testhttp://s53.radikal.ru/i140/1009/63/cf5bde3e3c6e.png

Archived