µTorrent 2.2 "Griffin" beta 22538

Firon

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's all been said here before but the more people agree on this, the earlier devs can see how many people are unhappy with this release.

I agree completely with this, so I'd like to say that I'm another long-time user of µTorrent who registered on here just to post how disappointed I am with the direction 2.2 is taking. Unchecking the Ask.com toolbar installer every time is acceptable to me, as it takes about a second and presumably provides the developers with more resources, but this is far too much.

I think that whoever made the decision to go down this route underestimated an awful lot of µTorrent's users - most of its initial user base, at least, switched to it because it was a refreshing change from other clients - other clients like 2.2.

Yeah the direction that 2.2 is taking you might as well rename the client because it's no longer the uTorrent (aka that is micro client) that it is suppose to be. The key word is MICRO.. not bloated fancy eye candy feature rich ugly client. Just make sure that 2.2 can go back to the look and streamline client of 2.0.3.

My primary complaint is the new large graphics in the left bar. "Find Content" is huge and I would rather the searching be kept to the mini search bar on the top-right (where it still remains). Also, the categories are now spaced out a lot more. I would like the spacing between lines to be reduced heavily. The icons for the torrents in the main window are OK. I also like how the Labels can be minimized and hidden.

I feel the "Labels" section should be separate from the general "Torrents" so I can have the Downloading/Completed/Active/Inactive categories collapsed, and the Labels expanded at the same time.

The biggest thing that bugs me though is the huge spacing. I like the simplistic, compact & minimalistic look and feel. The icons in the left bar could be smaller too (probably needed for tighter spacing). Also, the left bar apparently is very wide and has a horizontal scroll bar on the bottom for what seems to be a very large section of white space. I think it is due to the horizontal separators extending too far to the right, and not dynamically adjusting.

I also noticed that all my settings are not fully imported from the old 2.0.2 versions of uTorrent. Namely the display settings for the torrents (it reverted to the default columns and sizes for the columns).

Otherwise, keep up the great work! I really do love uTorrent, but for now still prefer the styling of 2.0.2 over the 2.2.0 look.

@FLYingGOD and everyone - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about specific features and elements of the client. We are very interested in ALL the feedback we get especially when it's specific (extra points if it's not insulting. Mods too!)

We are actively incorporating the feedback from this beta and will roll out updates soon and work to address new issues it's bound to have. We want to "get it right", so please continue to help us make/keep uTorrent great.

We've now rolled out a new 2.2 build with a lot of GUI changes and some bugfixes. We've removed the virusguard icon and enabled the ability to remove apps from the sidebar, along with some other customization. Click on 'Options' to see all the customization available for the sidebar now.

I'll just quote DeadWringKnight (was that right?)

"I think you missed a setting.

Preferences - directories - always show dialog on manual add.

The same setting EVERYONE ELSE WITH YOUR PROBLEM MISSED."

The setting is there "Options - Settings - UI Settings - Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent".

But it does NOT work. It just starts to download right away, no window as before. This is a really bad bug for me. Plz fix it soon.

Damien74, did you try to turn it off and on again?

I had this problem only once, when 2.0.1 beta was started.

But this problem was solved quickly...

All checkboxes in my "Settings | Directories" are turned off, but "Settings | UI Settings | Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent" is turned on.

The ability to select all files within the torrent using Ctrl+A has been disabled. I have gone back to version utorrent 2.0.3 to test this particular "bug" and it works in 2.0.3 but not in 2.2. You have to use shift+Mouseclicks in 2.2 not ctrl+A.

It also wakes the computer from sleeping when it shouldn't. Again i tested this particular 'bug' in 2.0.3 and it doesn't happen. Only in 2.2.

Has anyone noticed this?

God yes...the ability to select multiple files within a torrent via keyboard shortcut (Crtl+A, Shift+PgUp/Dn, Shift+Arrow etc), or even scrolling has been removed for the last two Griffin builds. Why or how, I don't know, but if it's not fixed in the next build I'll go back to the last stable version. Right-click and dragging works, but with a large number of files, this is pointless.

I think I found another bug on the Feeds Section, The problem is I have 5 RSS Feeds, in Torrentday, Extratorrent and Demonoid, but when I click on the every RSS Feeds, all of the feeds displays on every site, its like it combines all of the RSS Feeds and its not refreshing.

Sorry about my english

See the screenshot:

In Torrentday

torrentday.jpg

In Extratorrent

extratorrent.jpg

In Demonoid

demonoids.jpg

Archived