µTorrent 2.2 "Griffin" beta 22538

Firon

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The status and sidebar icons are very good but the toolbar icons just don't work against their background in Windows 7. Any chance of upgrading the toolbar so it doesn't have that annoying shine cause at the moment it looks like its designed for xp. And maybe drop the sidebar to the height of the bottom of the toolbar. And definitely make some new tab icons.

@Firon:

*) The textbox for "Cancel" while downloading an App is still to small (for translators).

*) In the last 2.2 builds the text shown at RSS indicates the http address too (this was removed and is back now in 2.2 while 3.0 is ok, f.e. "open office|http:// ...")

[2010-08-13 00:05:56] <alus> Firon: "Custom Label|http://wherever.com/foo.rss" brrrkn

*) Files tab, on some torrents (singlefile + multifile) the indication "mode" shows write ... on 100% finished downloads while seeding! This should be blank on seeding torrents. As already reported here, this issue came up with the very first 2.1 builds, than 3.0 and now in 2.2 too.

The status and sidebar icons are very good but the toolbar icons just don't work against their background in Windows 7. Any chance of upgrading the toolbar so it doesn't have that annoying shine cause at the moment it looks like its designed for xp. And maybe drop the sidebar to the height of the bottom of the toolbar. And definitely make some new tab icons.

I definitely agree. The new toolbar icons do not fit well with the rest at all. The status and sidebar meld together very beautifully but there is something jarringly different about the toolbar icon.

like other person i've problem with sock5 proxy since Version 2.2 Beta (build 21882) and new feature: uTP / UDP traffic over SOCKS5 proxy server.

ut freeze when using it thru an local sock5 SSH tunneling server, created with PuTTY or MyEnTunnel.

PuTTY or MyEnTunnel use plink.exe for maintains TCP connections via distant unix openssh server. for information, openssh server don't support UDP protocol.

i trying to disable utp traffic in advanced properties >

1 allows µTorrent to attempt outgoing TCP connections

2 allows µTorrent to attempt outgoing uTP connections

4 allows µTorrent to accept incoming TCP connections

8 allows µTorrent to accept incoming uTP connections

16 tells µTorrent to use the new uTP header.

i setting bt.transp_disposition set to 5 (4+1) but UT always freezing

options like "enable/disable uTP / UDP traffic over SOCKS5 proxy" must resolve this problem

22.144. Now the problem with the folders have changed a bit. :) Now do not create a folder with the name of the torrent. Creates a folder with some specific directory name (pattern until I realized) in the folder - which I have to download. When will return to that torrent will be downloaded to a user folder? :( And not to put their catalogs (as in all versions of it. Last of the normal 2.2 - 21738). I apologize for my English.

OleaSTeR, have you disabled DHT (both kinds), Local Peer Discovery, UPnP, NAT-PMP, and Resolve IPs? All of those make extra connections, possibly using UDP.

all is disable, enable DHT network, enable DHT for new torrent, Local Peer Discovery, enable bandwidht management, enable UDP tracker management, enable UPnP port mapping, enable NAT-PMP port mapping, and Resolve IPs

utorrent1.jpg

utorrent2.jpg

Without seeing the user's disk cache settings, we can't say if anything is behaving as designed or not.

To Dimko1994, выложи настройки кэширования, чтобы тебе могли помочь.

DreadWingKnight, I`m sorry, but I`m only has translated. If I make wrong, please delete this post.

The screenshot shows that the rate jumps dropped due to load drive, I climbed up to see what he was loaded and found that utorrent writes at speeds of 70 Mbps. I thought that is being recorded to disk from cache, but revealing statistics utorrenta I saw that the cache is not used. The problem goes away rollback to a stable version.

Archived