µTorrent 2.2 "Griffin" beta 22538

Firon

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I registered just for this post.

It is not uTorrents place to be telling me, through the form of a red icon, that I am somehow not secure because I didn't download the BitDefender "app" (who's EULA I can't even view). I use my own AntiVirus software, I use better AntiVirus software. uTorrent is for torrents, not security recommendations. The BitDefender "app" should be treated like ANY other "app", and not officially endorsed.

I don't see buttons telling me I'm somehow "not having as much fun as I could be" because the "uMap app not installed".

Just registered.

I've been on the beta cycle for sometime now and this has got to be the worst one. Took me awhile to get sorting working also. This antivirus and add-ons stuff is ridiculous. Why does everything need to have all this?

I too just registered for this post..after updating to 2.2 beta 20663 my downloads are < 1.5 kbps ..no matter what I do they donot increase. Earlier this morning (before the update) it was around 200 kbps..I think these guys need to fix some major bug in this beta build. If you are doing this remove the antivirus icon and those application addons too, these are just making things crowded and complex..contrary to the reason i use utorrent (its simple and uses less resources)

Thank you for the new beta, but please do not change the UI Settings/Show a windows that displays the files... option every time a new version is released. It's annoying to see that the torrent files are downloading without any question or selection although it was checked in the prev. version. Thank you!

Follow-up to my last post: I suppose it would be reasonable if the client allowed you to configure your own Anti-virus application, but the warning button should either offer no AV at all (just warning that none was detected), or suggest other free Anti-virus clients in addition to BitDefender.

I had to register just now to express my severe displeasure with the direction uTorrent is going. Case in point, the category list used to be a small list designed to keep torrents organized. Now, it's this huge thing that takes 3 separate clicks to get to any label.

I'm going back to the stable version, this beta is just terrible.

i downloaded 2.2 beta yesterday and love it. only thing thats different is when i go to load a new torrent to download i used to be able to pick and choose which parts of the torrent i wanted to download. for example if i was dl a season of a show i could pick if i wanted all the episodes or just one. But now it just loads auto, so my question is can i adjust something to get that back. thank you .... p.s. keep up the good work, love utorrent.

Although this is a bit of a push away from the topic on getting rid of BitDefender, uTorrent could always utilise VirusTotal's online virus scanner? They keep a cache of the hash of files, uTorrent could check the hash of files against VirusTotal's database and warn users with a simple message.

This would probably be something an "app" could do, though?

I'll be honest - the whole new apps system, the stupid anti-virus warning, and the sheer uselessness of this whole "update" is just horrible.

My first problem was installing it. I don't know what I did wrong, but I exited uTorrent, and ran the new executable, like I always do, but instead, it launched 2.2 without installing it, and it took me three tries of the same process to finally get it to install. I don't even think it was worth it.

The apps are just a nuisance. The FireFox/IE one seems decent, although I have yet to figure out how to get it working, because it installed separately, and won't show up in FireFox. It would have been nice to have it work with Safari/Opera too, but there seems to never be any support for those two, especially Safari for Windows. I'm surprised how long it took me to figure out how to get back to the downloads, though. I never thought of, straight away, opening the sidebar, then switching via that. It's way bigger, too. It takes up too much room.

I haven't compared the two yet, but by the looks of things, this is already no longer a very tiny BitTorrent client.

Overall, though, the general layout for downloads/uploads is still the same, and that's what counts. My speeds seem to be fine, if not better than before (well, at least, for downloads. Uploads seem to be barely moving), so that's at least something positive.

Dont know if it already been reported. But Windows 7, Latest 2.2 build as of 29/07/2010. When downloading more than one app at a time, the download progress bar does not switch between the two download progresses, also when in "torrents" section and clicking on a specific app download, it does not switch to the app download progress. Hope that is enough info.

I just got prompted to update to this new beta build and though it looks cool, it seems to have the following issues:

1. All settings previously setup are ignored (have to setup all columns in main download window)

2. More importantly, I often Ctrl+Click multiple labels to see how they are doing together. With this new build, they are selected, as they should, but only the last of the labels is actually shown in the view.

I had to go back to the previous build, due to this.

Since i always had utorrent without category list, i actualy needed to go read this forum to figure out hot to get out of embeded browser window... :( about apps, i only tryed umap, more because its fun to see then sheer usefulness. Rest of them seems useless (for me), i want torrent client to be torrent client, not media portal :) also having those damn AV icon flashing if you don have antivirus utorrent app is silly, because i DO have AV installed that serves me just fine and i dont need/want special utorrent app for this.

Archived