still slow, tried everything

warlock257

I'm still getting sad transfer rates after fixing all the basic stuff in these forums.

I opened my port, which gave me 'network ok'

I got "µTorrent 1.4.2 Build 431 Beta" and enabled encryption, that helped a little bit

The fastest i've ever gotten is 10kps, but its usually between 0 and 1 kps.

even one that has 4 (1680) peers is barely going at all

I'm using a Dl-624 router

help please

-Dave

to follow up:

my settings are (with 5 downloads):

upload limit - 72kps

connections per torrent - 100

max active torrents - 5

upload slots - 10

connections global - 450

max active downloads - 5

yeah, that was the problem..windows couldn't seem to renew the IP address when I hit 'repair'.

I supose I could try that again, but its not really a desirable option. My roommate is on the net even more than I am, so disconecting him isn't a great option.

I get the feeling I've done as much as I can at this point. It does seem to get a little faster over time. The 2gig files will probably take a week or more still though

Thanks for the responses.

I did a speed test and it came out to 800 ish. The upload was around 100

Were those numbers in kilobits/second or KILOBYTES/sec? (The second one is 8 times larger)

µTorrent limits upload speed in KILOBYTES/sec -- so if you set it to 72, then that's really ~576 kilobits/second not counting overheads. This won't work very well if your real upload max speed is only 100 kilobits/second!

OK, guys, whatever you say, but could tou tell me why the hell I am not able to forward the port? I also have disgusting downloading speed, could this be due to the trouble with portforwarding? I was said, the port could not be checked.

"Your browser is setup to connect through a proxy. This script will not work through proxied connections."

What should be done next? I have no idea...

Please, help, anyone.

If that wasn't clear enough... Preferences > Network? If you're going to be configuring anything at all, then in all likelihood, the first place to check would be the Preferences. And the Network thing would have been clear if you did actually try reading and checking... For further reference, most (if not all) of the settings described in FAQ can be changed in the Preferences.

@1c3d0g: I already linked there... edge didn't understand where to look still =T

OK, I am sorry! As I said, things in FAQ were not clear enough for me! Do you mean "in Network" is shorter kind of "in Network Options"? Allright then...

And btw - I still don't see anything about encryption in Preferences -> Network Options... I know, I'm bugging you, but I don't mean to bug you, just could you explain it in the simple way.

Thanx :)

Archived