Port is not open (you are still able to download)

juliaspike

Any port you choose is likely the same way. Something *IS* blocking incoming connections from reaching uTorrent. Whether that's on your computer, router, modem, or even your ISP doing it further up the line I still don't know for absolute sure.

I may have ruled out 3rd party firewalls, but Microsoft's firewall and even M$ Defender/antivirus could be to blame.

so i finally got the port open. then, tested again an hour later, and it was closed again. lol! shut off windows defender, and redid the port through the router. whatevs.

the main problem is utorrent and my web browsing can't coexist. sometimes it just kicks off the internet... or slows it down so no web pages open on the first try.

uTorrent will only cause web browsing slowness on very slow lines OR if you are using uTorrent settings that don't match your connection's capabilities...or unfortunately if you have bad networking (poor router, buggy software firewall).

1st (slow speed section) and 2nd links in my signature.

Also try rafi's uTorrent v2.0.X Migration Guide here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=74820

• 1 year later...

JuliaSpike have you resolved this issue?? Mine seems to be doing the same.

When I use Port Checker it says the port is open only when I have exited from Utorrent

If I have Utorrent still open or running it comes up with this message.

" Could not test port 18427 because some other application has that port locked. Please close any applications that may be using this port and try again"

Any help would be great i'm not too great at this stuff and have been spending so much time researching and getting no where. :rolleyes:

Archived