My uTorrent doesn't move finished files in another dir

Stankey2000

Hiho folkz...

First... sorry for my bad englisch..

Im really impressed about uTorrent and I like it. ;)

But i've one problem...

When a download is finished. it doesn't move to the expected folder...

The status shows only finished or seeding...

I test to restart uTorrent... nothing appears...

If I press the remove button.... nothing appears...

Is it a bug or is it my fault?

Thanks

thanks for the replies...

now I can say more about the problem...

if i download a single file from a torrent.

exp. 123.torrent >>> 123.rar the moving works fine...

but when I download a torrent wiht a folder

example: 123.torrent >>> 123 [Folder[ >>> many files inside

the moving doesn't work...

Make sure both folder reside on THE SAME physical partition. If not, it won't work.

Can uTorrent download to a network drive? I ask because my Linux server has a lot more empty space than the Windows client I run uTorrent on. I'm running Samba under Linux so that disk looks like a regular Windows network drive from any Windows machine on the network.

Make sure both folder reside on THE SAME physical partition. If not, it won't work.

That's F*CKING USELESS!

I just posted about this, and finally found this..

What the HELL is the point of moving to the same partition!!!

I have FIVE DRIVES in my computer! Moving to another directory on the SAME PARTITION IS F*CKING USELESS!!!

The UI should at least be changed to reflect this. I guess it's back to Azureus for me....

Swearing isn't going to help get your point across, it just makes you look like an ungrateful asshat. The point of moving to another folder is for organization.

If you'd like it to move to another partition, select the folder, hit Ctrl X, browse to the folder, and hit Ctrl V. Tada, you've just moved your completed torrent.

Perhaps if you asked nicely, ludde would consider implementing moving across partitions.

Um, I move my files to a different physical drive and it seems to work alright. ONly had it not move a file once.

I think one strange thing is, with big files it appears the client might freeze and then recover after the move.

Would be nice if it isn't too much trouble for this feature to be implimented.

EDIT: ok, just checked my downloads from last night it seems a few didn't work.

I apologize for being so brash earlier...

however, it still doesn't work. I download a lot of scene releases that are large collections of rar files - so I don't know if it works with a single file torrent... all of mine are directories full of files.

However, I do know it's not an issue of it simply moving them slowly - it is leaving the whole directory in place unmoved.

yes you meantioned that. I was just saying I think single file torrents do get moved. SHouldn't be a big deal to impliment. Even if it copied the files over to the volume. Moved the data directory associated with the torrent and deleted the original data.

To add to this a bit:

It appears that on my multi-file torrents, while the actual files in the torrent DO NOT get moved, the .torrent file itself does. Obviously a bug.... I think I will post next over in the "Found Bugs" forum with a link this message... since I don't think this is any longer a "troubleshooting" issue...

I wasn't asking about the functionality of moving a downloaded file to another partition/drive. My reason for asking about downloading to a network drive directly is that there is insufficient space on the local drive but plenty of space on my local server. Since that is a Linux box, I don't have the option of running uTorrent on that machine. Even if I did, many Linux installations segment their drives into multiple parititions to limit the effects of a system breach, so the same partition requirement would still be an issue.

I wasn't asking about the functionality of moving a downloaded file to another partition/drive. My reason for asking about downloading to a network drive directly is that there is insufficient space on the local drive but plenty of space on my local server. Since that is a Linux box, I don't have the option of running uTorrent on that machine. Even if I did, many Linux installations segment their drives into multiple parititions to limit the effects of a system breach, so the same partition requirement would still be an issue.

I think there may be a problem downloading directly to a network drive as uTorrent wouldn't have direct access. I don't believe smb supports file locking and other things so it wouldn't enjoy the experience. I believe that moving to a network drive after download should be ok as it doesn't need write access.

Archived