µTorrent Mac 1.0.2 stable (23439)

Firon

Latest uTorrent build is finally completely stable for me. However - there are two things I'd change. It's nothing serious though. You should enable Hiding TORRENTS and LABELS section by the triangles on the left and the icon of torrent files should be changed so it fits in Safari download manager's thumbnails. Otherwise great client that added lot of features in very short time.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I was wondering how to move a completed torrent in a different folder but keep seeding? I seem to recall it was possible to do in the earlier version of uTorrent via the right click-advanced-set torrent directory and then forcing a re-check. But in the latest version there is no "advanced" options when you right click on a torrent.

Did I miss something or did you (the developers of uTorrent) change it?

I would love to have that option back..

what about `append label to torrent location` or `set download location`? i don't think this is actually difficult to implement (or to port from windows version)

about the set of download location - i think this is some of the major features bittorrent client should have; isn't it strange if you want to download some file to some location, but you can do it just to the default one? there also could be a tiny setting to define whether to download files to the default location, or to the .torrent location - it could partially solve the problem, and it would not be difficult to implement at all.

regards,

ap3rus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Almost 3 months since the release of stable version and despite missing some very necessary futures, the developers have not announced a new version. Like i said in the IdeaBank IF DEVELOPERS WORK WITH THIS SPEED, WE WILL NEVER HAVE FUTUTE PARITY WITH WINDOWS VERSION AS THE WINDOWS VERSION IS GETTING MORE FUTURES FREQUENTLY.

**swede4200** U right in M$ Windows version

Changelog:

-- 2010-09-22: Version 2.2 Beta (build 22117)

-- 2010-09-15: Version 2.2 Beta (build 22007)

-- 2010-09-10: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21882)

-- 2010-09-01: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21738)

-- 2010-09-01: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21710)

-- 2010-08-31: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21668)

-- 2010-08-30: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21611)

-- 2010-08-24: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21409)

-- 2010-08-18: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21290)

-- 2010-08-11: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21145)

-- 2010-08-10: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21090)

-- 2010-08-06: Version 2.2 Beta (build 21002)

-- 2010-08-03: Version 2.2 Beta (build 20896)

We're still working on it in the background. Things have just gotten kinda busy. :) We're working on two different development branches right now for the Mac client, and I can assure you, feature parity will come in the future.

I'm hoping to have a new beta out soon.

The question is not if its coming or not! The question is when it will come. Mac section of forums have been nearly dead for a few months now and i don't think adding a future like choosing download directory is soooooooooo hard to implement that you need almost 4 months of work for it unless you are planning to release a version with future parity now. We are not talking about some open source app that has limited developers with limited time here.

YOU ASSURE OSS THAT IT WILL COME BUT WHEN? WHEN I AM 200 YEARS MAYBE?

Impatient! No i am not, nor did i ask you to begin dealing with setting releases dates. At least not on windows because new versions and futures being aded regularly but it is a different story on mac version, it passed 3 years before you released a stable version with some very necessary futures missing and now the developers have been working to implement a simple future in 3 months.

Now if every little future is going to take 4-5 months to implement and lets say there are 10 futures missing, it will go 3 to 4 more years before the mac version will be what windows version is now and god knows what futures will be in windows version by then.

I say give the developers a break. We don't know what condition the code is in, might be very poorly documented or poorly written thus hard to add/fix stuff which equals lots of time. Be glad the the program is FREE. If you want a full featured app try Transmission, its also FREE.

Yea give them a break, obviously they have been on break ever since they started the mac version.
So, you'd rather the developers not take their time, and release an unstable torrent client, just to please a few impatient users? :/

IMO, I'd rather have the devs take their time, instead of them rushing and releasing an unstable torrent client. Firon said that they're working on a new beta, and hopefully, it will be released soon. :D So chill out and quit complaining.

Archived